Having a tonsillectomy

Manchester la la la la

I'm due to have my tonsils taken out in two weeks due to having two cases of Quincy in two years. Assumed it was an in and out job and that i would be fine after a day or so after the op.

Was curious this evening so googled it. Now i wish I hadnt. Severe pain, ice cream diet and no sleep seems to be common for two weeks.

Making me now think I should cancel my op as it doesn't seem worth the hassle considering I've only had 2 quincys in 2 years and no other tonsil problems

Is tonsilectomy recovery in adults really as bad as it seems?

Re: Having a tonsillectomy

I remember when i was about 21,had problems breathing which lasted for ages.People wouldn't listen and thought i was making up stories.Then one day it got so bad i went off to bed,my whole body felt exhausted,suddenly i coughed and a load of blood flew out of my mouth! What a head fuck that was,thought i was going to die!.......Doctor came round on call out and said,It's only a Quincy (massive obstruction in my throat)!!!!
Good luck with that fella,i'm sure things have got better nowadays :)

Manchester la la la la said:
I'm due to have my tonsils taken out in two weeks due to having two cases of Quincy in two years. Assumed it was an in and out job and that i would be fine after a day or so after the op.

Was curious this evening so googled it. Now i wish I hadnt. Severe pain, ice cream diet and no sleep seems to be common for two weeks.

Making me now think I should cancel my op as it doesn't seem worth the hassle considering I've only had 2 quincys in 2 years and no other tonsil problems

When you come around have a feel for your plums mate.Make sure they`ve removed the tonsils and not the fooking testicles !!<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:54 pm --<br /><br />
guinnessdaze said:
I remember when i was about 21,had problems breathing which lasted for ages.People wouldn't listen and thought i was making up stories.Then one day it got so bad i went off to bed,my whole body felt exhausted,suddenly i coughed and a load of blood flew out of my mouth! What a head fuck that was,thought i was going to die!.......Doctor came round on call out and said,It's only a Quincy (massive obstruction in my throat)!!!!

Fuck off !! You`ve probably drowned your fucking larynx,with all that Guinness.

oakiecokie said:

When you come around have a feel for your plums mate.Make sure they`ve removed the tonsils and not the fooking testicles !!

-- Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:54 pm --

guinnessdaze said:

Haha,it solves most ailments Oakie!

guinnessdaze said:
oakiecokie said:

When you come around have a feel for your plums mate.Make sure they`ve removed the tonsils and not the fooking testicles !!

guinnessdaze said:

It does that mate.Will be sampling a few (hic) later tonight,as I`ll be wetting the babys head, with the arrival of my new Grandson.
Thats my excuse for getting pissed anyway.Will be shopping in Asda this afternoon so will be looking out for the other Guinness you told me about.

oakiecokie said:
guinnessdaze said:
oakiecokie said:

It does that mate.Will be sampling a few (hic) later tonight,as I`ll be wetting the babys head, with the arrival of my new Grandson.
Thats my excuse for getting pissed anyway.Will be shopping in Asda this afternoon so will be looking out for the other Guinness you told me about.
Not sure Asda sell it,but good luck with the Grandson,get him tattooed when they're not looking...big MCFC tat will do nicely :)

guinnessdaze said:
oakiecokie said:
guinnessdaze said:

Not sure Asda sell it,but good luck with the Grandson,get him tattooed when they're not looking...big MCFC tat will do nicely :)

Did you say Morrisons sold it,as we have one in town also ?

oakiecokie said:
guinnessdaze said:
oakiecokie said:

Did you say Morrisons sold it,as we have one in town also ?
Sainsburys and Tescos are the only definites i know,roughly £1.80 a bottle..subject to offers! Pricey as fuck,but a drink to be respected :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.