Haye Vs Valuev 07/11/09

mcfcBally

Britain's former world cruiserweight champion David Haye will take on Russia's WBA heavyweight champion Nikolai Valuev on 7 November.

The announcement ends speculation about who Haye's next opponent would be, following reports the Londoner had agreed a bout with Vitali Klitschko.

Haye, 28, is eight stones lighter and nine inches smaller than Valuev.

He said: "David only needed a slingshot and stone to flatten Goliath, my right hand generates more power than that."

Valuev, who is 7ft tall, has yet to be floored or knocked out in his 16-year professional career and has lost just once in 50 fights.

But Haye said: "I am thrilled to announce that my dream of becoming world heavyweight champion will be realised on 7 November, when I challenge the tallest and heaviest champion of all time.

"I can't wait to step into the ring and prove that size doesn't matter. Mark my words: I will be the first man to knock Nikolai Valuev out."

A venue for the contest has yet to be announced.

Cant see him knocking Valuev out myself

Re: Haye Vs Valuev 07/110/09

He will have to wear him down behind a strong jab and work the full ring to beat this guy.I can't see him ko'ing him either but victory on points is possible.Might take that on with the bookies actually.

He will have to have the head movement of a middleweight to stay clear of the big bomb and when he can get inside,he'll need to chop him up around the body,then get out quickly.

Valuev was out classed by Evander Holifield but got a dubious points decision.

If Haye gets beat it is game over (i.e. he will never get a shot at Volod and Vitali).

sdm said:
He will have to wear him down behind a strong jab and work the full ring to beat this guy.I can't see him ko'ing him either but victory on points is possible.Might take that on with the bookies actually.

He will have to have the head movement of a middleweight to stay clear of the big bomb and when he can get inside,he'll need to chop him up around the body,then get out quickly.

Yeah he has a strong chance on points. where do you reckon it will take place. o2 arena i reckon

mcfcBally said:
sdm said:

Yeah he has a strong chance on points. where do you reckon it will take place. o2 arena i reckon
After the amount of tickets sold for the cancelled fight at Schalke ,probably a big football ground in Germany.

Its a clever move by Haye, Wlad who is was supposed to fighting was chinny, Vitali then stepped in and Haye clearly wants no part of him and I don't blame him he would get bounced round the ring. Valuev is very slow and Haye will just pick him of and win a wide points verdict.

Haye will Have to prove his fitness over 12 rounds i reckon. Can't see him stopping Valuev but i can see Valuev stopping Haye. Valuev isn't a big puncher but i'd imagine he's quite heavy handed and Haye's punch resistance is a little Kahn like.

Quite a bizzare and dangerous fight to take imo. If he's not fighting any of the Klits he might have been better fighting sombody like Peter or Arreola. Somebody with a bit of exposure in America. Not Valuev. No win situation and a bizzare fight to take.

Haye will Have to prove his fitness over 12 rounds i reckon. Can't see him stopping Valuev but i can see Valuev stopping Haye. Valuev isn't a big puncher but i'd imagine he's quite heavy handed and Haye's punch resistance is a little Kahn like.

Quite a bizzare and dangerous fight to take imo. If he's not fighting any of the Klits he might have been better fighting sombody like Peter or Arreola. Somebody with a bit of exposure in America. Not Valuev. No win situation and a bizzare fight to take.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.