He Didn't Forking Cost £47m!

No they did offer the buy out fee of 25million, but by then the deal had already been done with Kia and Cook. Tevez knew he was coming to us while he was still playing for them. There is an interview with him on youtube on the last day of the season where he just smiles when asked about staying at the rags. It's obvious he knows he's been sold.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6mfcNkSh80" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6mfcNkSh80</a>

rickmcfc said:
How many times is this said, "Carlos Tevez was bought for £47m from Manchester Untied". No he fucking wasnt. He cost £25m which was paid to that **** and his cronies. Why do they add his wages to the price tag? If that was the case, Rooney cost United £50m, Andy Carroll cost Liverpool £50m. I fucking hate it when they say this on Talkshite. Does it piss anmyone else off?
Where is your info from, media by any chance?

I've always understood that we paid the £25m to MSI who are the third party company who used to own Tevez and Mascherano. They owned his player registration, and we had to pay MSI for the release of his registration, otherwise we would have a player who is owned by a 3rd party, which is illegal in the PL - Hence the West Ham/Sheffield Piggys saga from the other year.

United only took him on loan from MSI and never actually owned the player and his registration out right.

Pointless getting wound up a player and his transfer fee.

I reckon £25million was the fee agreed with the rags....when he turned them down and his agents knew City were interested, its obvious that they'll hike the price up. They knew we needed him, moreso to just p1ss off United.

£25million was always going to a good price at the time for someone who was pretty much un-proven in the Prem before he signed for United (he had his ups and downs at West Ham).

His exceeded expectations at the Rags and I think his agent knew - if the deal never materialised, they'd look for the highest bidder.

Anyway, I'd send him PSG - get a good fee for him, he'll never get the sucess there, that he could have at City. It will take them a good few years to get a squad as strong as us - and they would have f00ked him off by then!

Re: He Didnt Forking Cost £47m!!!

Prestwich_Blue said:
I was told by someone who has seen the paperwork that it was £42.2m.

This.

The club never released his fee and people guessed it was £25.5m as United bid this.

Everybody who seems to know the score at City thinks it's in the £40m+ range, and his wage is around the £200k mark thanks to uplifts he had put into his contract originally.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.