Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucky13 said:
2rdg3t5.jpg

Now that made me laugh.

whp.blue said:
brass neck said:
Robbo. said:
what was the actual date he risen? as its always Friday and Sunday, but the date changes every year??...

The Beano makes more sense.

That's because they "choose" the date for Easter according to the waxing and waining of the moon. Seems strange for a Christian festival?

That's because it originally was pagan like most Christian festivals. Hence the gifts, chicks, eggs, bunnys, feasting, bonnets and Lambs.

The Christians (much like the Borg on star Trek) simply assimilated old festivals to make their new shit more palatable to the heathens!

I always thought it was a celebration of the first full moon after the winter Solstice but was corrected as it is the first full moon of the spring season known as the Paschal Full Moon and the following sunday is Easter Sunday

there fore it has nothing to with any mythical resurrection

I vaguely remember it being something to do with the goddess eostre, the goddes of new life rebirth etc hence its on spring and celebrate it with eggs. When the Christians tried to stamp out all the pagan festivals with their own they chose the most important dates in the pagan calendar and hijacked them

So happy eostre day :)

Wio Gumflapdinand said:
johnny on the spot said:
Everyone's favourite zombie is here and he's brought the weather with him. Top man, Jesus x
Seemed a nicer bloke than that Mohammed fella who liked to marry children and lob off heads. Rather have my kids going on a egg hunt rather than a head hunt

Needless Post of the Day Award.

Wio Gumflapdinand said:
johnny on the spot said:
Everyone's favourite zombie is here and he's brought the weather with him. Top man, Jesus x
Seemed a nicer bloke than that Mohammed fella who liked to marry children and lob off heads. Rather have my kids going on a egg hunt rather than a head hunt

Hahaha Brilliant.

Easter is about a man being mercilessly tortured by being nailed to a piece of wood and stabbed in the gut several times, bleeding to death over the period of several days. His religion believes that he did this so that you don't have to and those rose from the dead as a sign of his divinity.

This thread as a whole shows a disgusting lack of respect. You have about 360 a days a year give or take to get your digs into religion, you bunch of dickheads can't even give the faithful a single day without feeling the need to voice your useless views. Not even one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.