"He wouldn't come to City"

Didsbury Dave

The Rooney thread contains this little line on numerous occasions.

Likkle City syndrome. Some of our fans seem to have it. An inferiority complex. I think it's our younger fans who are surrounded by armchair United experts.

I don't think there's any reason for this line to ever be repeated again.

Everyone in world football now knows we are a juggernaut which won't stop. We pay the best wages and are on a fast-track to the top. Every quality signing pushes us nearer. If we can keep winning we shoul be able to attract pretty much anyone available come January.

Likkle City Syndrome should die now.

My point is, if Everton were in our position, do you think Liverpool would sell them gerrard or Torres?

There are a few examples of situations where this has happened such as Figo, and the real Ronaldo.

I can't see him coming here but that's my opinion, nothing to do with "licklecityitis"

AntonDonJuan said:
My point is, if Everton were in our position, do you think Liverpool would sell them gerrard or Torres?

There are a few examples of situations where this has happened such as Figo, and the real Ronaldo.

I can't see him coming here but that's my opinion, nothing to do with "licklecityitis"

There are occasions where clubs won't sell to rivals but it isn't that common, especially if the player wants the move.

When someone says "he wouldnt come to City" that means the player won't want to join us.

My point is that there are not that many in the world now who would blow us out for anything other that personal reasons.

I don't think in regards to the Rooney thread there saying he will not come because "Liddle City" - it is just the circumstances. He needs to get away from the English press and I feel coming to us will increase that pressure.

However I do agree that we are seeing a lack of ambition amongst the fans but would not label them to be the younger ones, they seem to want the success now and at all cost. While there are threads where fans say they are willing to wait 2/3 years for the full on success, these could be the older ones (???).

I am 40+ years supporting them (so may class as a older one) BUT I want the success to start this season which shows we cannot label anyone based on the internet. I think we have a chance to seize the day and so does Bobby Manc.

Didsbury Dave said:
AntonDonJuan said:

There are occasions where clubs won't sell to rivals but it isn't that common, especially if the player wants the move.

When someone says "he wouldnt come to City" that means the player won't want to join us.

My point is that there are not that many in the world now who would blow us out for anything other that personal reasons.
If he wants to come, then the whole thing gets turned upside down. The more i think about it, then the more plausible it sounds. He doesn't mind pissing off his current fans (see Everton) and the Glazers would want the money.

I just can't see it happening, i'd love to be proved wrong though

AntonDonJuan said:
Didsbury Dave said:

If he wants to come, then the whole thing gets turned upside down. The more i think about it, then the more plausible it sounds. He doesn't mind pissing off his current fans (see Everton) and the Glazers would want the money.

I just can't see it happening, i'd love to be proved wrong though

I think it's entirely plausible too.

Obviosly there are a lot of hurdles to jump, though.

And if we do get him then Likkle City itis must surely be dead forever!!!!

Didsbury Dave said:
AntonDonJuan said:

In full agreement with you on this thread Dave.

Still not sure of my thoughts on him as we have Tevez but I am sure he would come.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.