Headed to Scotland

Have you been tested and are you clear? Where will you spend 14 days in quarantine?
Don’t go into any pubs you might get unpleasant looks. We don’t like strangers in these parts you know.
If you are determined to visit, I hear some of the villages in Western fife are nice. Also lots to see and do in port Glasgow.
I’ve got all my own teeth, so I’ll stand out like a sore thumb.

We’re staying in Dumfries. We have friends who own a sailing resort there. Kids are learning to sail.

Ahhhh the "sailing resort" you say?

Talk up here is its more "swinging" that "sailing" but im sure you have a great time either way.

I’ve got all my own teeth, so I’ll stand out like a sore thumb.
Seriously, if it were me, I would concentrate on the west coast and Edinburgh/Glasgow. As someone mentioned the nc 500 will get you to some spectacular scenery. Have you considered the islands, mull is brilliant for wildlife. Harris and lewis for scenery/ beaches. You dont say when you are travelling but don’t assume Covid restrictions are the same in Scotland. Sturgeon tends to more caution. Good luck mate hope you get the chance in these weird times to enjoy.

Been up 12 times in the last 3 yrs (different area each time). Me the missus and our 2 german shepherds. Absoluely love it mate, its stunning.
Perthshire, Angus and the Cairngorms probably our favourite 3 closely followed by Ross-shire in the north west

It's a lovely part of the world. Got a cousin who lives in North Berwick which is beautiful. Last year we toured around there, Edinburgh, Inverness and then Shetland, Orkney and the Fair Isle. I'd move to Orkney in a flash. Loved it.

Now we’re back in the UK, we’ve decided to go camper-vanning with the kids to Scotland for a couple of weeks. They’ve never been to Scotland and it’s over 30 years since I’ve been.

Anyone know what injections we need? Also, can anyone tell us which parts to avoid (please be more specific than ‘all of it’)

Thanks.

I thought you were moving to Houston or somewhere like that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.