Healthy recipes

Salford_Blue

I'm always on the lookout for healthy recipes for us and the kids.

Anyone got any nice ones they want to share?

I made this recently. Kids weren't too happy with some of the veggies used, but I loved it. Flavours were really nice as well.

Veggie tagine

I made this recently. Kids weren't too happy with some of the veggies used, but I loved it. Flavours were really nice as well.

Veggie tagine
We go most of the week eating veg/rice/pasta/cous cous. So many recipes. Chickpeas are your friend.

Veggie tagine
I’m quite fond of a mushroom and spinach omelette with grated Parmesan, which you need less of than cheddar to add flavour.
Low cal, filling, and has protein and fibre.

I make a veggie curry, I use a base of Garram Massala and add other spices, once you got turmeric and stuff in the cupboard its dead easy, you can use any vegies really, I like to use Pumpkin as it goes mushy and thickens the curry...yes chick peas, other pulses for iron, tin of tomato paste, fresh tomatoes, coconut oil, its really is piss easy, you make a big slow cooker full and you can freeze the rest in portions.
Add chopped up Beef or Chicken if you're a meat lover. I use Fish sometimes.

You can turn quite a few veggies into a creamy pasta sauce just by cooking them and blending them with some of the pasta cooking water. My favourite one is with peas, plenty of recipes online. Red pepper is another good one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.