Heartbreaking moments as a City fan - when your favorite player leaves

Blue_Lightsaber

Team supported
Man City
The whole Cole Palmer thread got me thinking.. is his exit even in my top 5 most heartbreaking losses of players moving on from City? And I would have to say no.. and I've only been a fan since 2010.

So in my opinion for me.. the top 5 most heart breaking exits were:

1. Gundogan
2. Tevez
3. Dzeko
4. Aguero
5. Jesus (just ahead of Sane)

What are your top 5 heartbreaking player exits as a City fan? Someone from the 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's??

He didn't exactly leave but Lakey always and still to this day gets me emotional thinking about what happened to him. He's still my favourite ever city player and always will be.
Bish was another one, oozed class and was a top top player.

Don't laugh but Howard kendall. I thought it was a huge signing when he rocked up to Maine Road, after all his Everton stuff I was buzzing. But his city love affair/Everton marriage statement still makes me laugh to this day.

Quinny. Because he was a great centre forward and a scorer of great goals.

Paul Walsh. He was only here a short time but fuck me what a player and what a grafter, he sweated blood for us and the shirt and was a joy to watch. The fact that we swapped him for Gerry fuckin Creaney still gives me the hump to this day.

Sweep. It was always going to happen but in hindsight he maybe went towards saving the club.

Anelka. Some might laugh but him going was a signal that we was never going to be a big club and it gutted me he came and he went and didn't hang around.

Last one is Vinnie. To this day upon hearing the news he was leaving, it's the only time my kids have seen me crying as it absolutely killed me. What a soft arse :)

1. Joe Hart
2. Peter Barnes & Gary Owen (both leaving at the same time)
3. Kinkladze
4. Howard Kendall too - I know he has been labelled as a "Judas" but I was gutted when he went as I thought we were on the verge of something
5. SWP - always remember the pre season friendly when it all came to light and he too was almost in tears at leaving
6. Ian Bishop going to West Ham - he was a fans fave
7. David White
8. Sergio.........but on a purely sentimental thing, loved the guy (and always will)

He didn't exactly leave but Lakey always and still to this day gets me emotional thinking about what happened to him. He's still my favourite ever city player and always will be.
Bish was another one, oozed class and was a top top player.

Don't laugh but Howard kendall. I thought it was a huge signing when he rocked up to Maine Road, after all his Everton stuff I was buzzing. But his city love affair/Everton marriage statement still makes me laugh to this day.

Quinny. Because he was a great centre forward and a scorer of great goals.

Paul Walsh. He was only here a short time but fuck me what a player and what a grafter, he sweated blood for us and the shirt and was a joy to watch. The fact that we swapped him for Gerry fuckin Creaney still gives me the hump to this day.

Sweep. It was always going to happen but in hindsight he maybe went towards saving the club.

Anelka. Some might laugh but him going was a signal that we was never going to be a big club and it gutted me he came and he went and didn't hang around.

Last one is Vinnie. To this day upon hearing the news he was leaving, it's the only time my kids have seen me crying as it absolutely killed me. What a soft arse :)
Totally agree about Paul lake could’ve been talked about alongside David silva & kdb if it wasn’t for our disgusting treatment of his acl injuries, his autobiography of the time is heartbreaking to read, would’ve been sold by Swales without doubt but would’ve been a city legend without the injuries he simply oozed class

You probably have to be a certain age, say between 10 and 20 to be really heartbroken by a player leaving your club. I can only think of Ray Ranson, Paul Moulden and Paul Stewart. Maybe Darren Beckford. I know. That's a bit of a reach. But I liked him. And I was young. I get the whole thing with Paul Lake (there were rumours about Liverpool), though. That would have gotten to me. And there have been others (Spanish Dave) who, had they left, would have really bothered me (even as an old fogey). But they (he) didn't go. Well, he did. But not like that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.