heartfelt post....i think we are missing the point........

justme_ctid

..............and some things NEED to be said.
It seems that there is no passion, fight or commitment at all from the players in our team. We can cheer, shout, sing all we want next week but without the commitment from the players needed to win the game we don't stand a chance.
So, the question should then be, why is there no passion. The team who came back against Gillingham all those years ago believed they could win that game with 5 minutes to go and 2-0 down. They never lost the faith and they wanted it so bad. They wanted to play for city, they loved the club and the fans and they had respect for the manager, a figure who commanded respect and had earned that respect in many ways, not least of all by playing in the clubs colours with that same passion and commitment.
In my opinion our current manager has none of the qualities needed to manage mcfc. He has never felt that feeling of loss and despair that a city fan/player could feel as you sink out of the top flight and into the lower leagues and your derby is against macc town on a shitty cold wet day in February.
Regardless of his signings, tactics and lack of a personality the man played for our most bitter rivals and i have no doubt whatsoever that he hated us. Now without getting waylaid and distracted I will try to make my key points:
1. Manager- ex player of a rival team who dominated football and won major trophies when he played there. Had a passion for that team and at the best disliked us immensely.
2. Players- superstars and has-beens supported by decent players on the fringe of possible stardom but without the proper guidance to develop.
3. Fans-At one time the envy of Europe and possibly the world. Loyal, fun, friendly and most of all united (if you'll pardon the expression).
Now it seems the club is falling apart at the seams and the fans are split all over the place not knowing where to turn. Arguing, bickering, abusing their own players and fighting amongst themselves!!!! I have read a post today on here about one fan wanting to fill in some guys in the stadium last night but thankfully didn’t follow it through. What is going on!!???
That would never have happened years ago. Even if we do win on Thursday, by the next home game we will be back to the same old bickering, complaining and feeble performances by overpaid overrated players.
I fear the only way for this club is to return back to basics, bring through the youth and home-grown talent and players with a sense of pride and passion for the club and what wearing that badge over your heart means. Bring back Joe Royle if that’s what it takes. We don’t want the mourinhos of this world and we certainly don’t want Hughes or Robihnio unless they are prepared to start wearing thier hearts on thier sleeves and bleed blue blood.
Pride in battle......I doubt half of them have even been in a fight!!!!! Oh to go back to the rainy days in Macc.......
C.T.I.D

Good post but they was loads of fights and arguments between ourselves in them days as well

The difference......money.
It has changed the way we're perceived by other people & it's given us fans a less realistic outlook.
In the past we had no option but to drift along between divisions as we never had the money to play with the 'big boys' , now we have the money & some people think we're going to change overnight, that was never going to happen.
The whole outlook of the club needed to change & that takes time.

bluemoon32 said:
Thats my whole point really and without going over whats already been said a million times it has to start with the manager. If your a true blue then in your hearts you will know he is wrong wrong wrong for us.

justmefuckoffchelsea said:
bluemoon32 said:
Thats my whole point really and without going over whats already been said a million times it has to start with the manager. If your a true blue then in your hearts you will know he is wrong wrong wrong for us.

What? No. That sort of argument does nothing but undermine people who actually have reasons for wanting him to go.

justmefuckoffchelsea said:
..............and some things NEED to be said.
It seems that there is no passion, fight or commitment at all from the players in our team. We can cheer, shout, sing all we want next week but without the commitment from the players needed to win the game we don't stand a chance.
So, the question should then be, why is there no passion. The team who came back against Gillingham all those years ago believed they could win that game with 5 minutes to go and 2-0 down. They never lost the faith and they wanted it so bad. They wanted to play for city, they loved the club and the fans and they had respect for the manager, a figure who commanded respect and had earned that respect in many ways, not least of all by playing in the clubs colours with that same passion and commitment.
In my opinion our current manager has none of the qualities needed to manage mcfc. He has never felt that feeling of loss and despair that a city fan/player could feel as you sink out of the top flight and into the lower leagues and your derby is against macc town on a shitty cold wet day in February.
Regardless of his signings, tactics and lack of a personality the man played for our most bitter rivals and i have no doubt whatsoever that he hated us. Now without getting waylaid and distracted I will try to make my key points:
1. Manager- ex player of a rival team who dominated football and won major trophies when he played there. Had a passion for that team and at the best disliked us immensely.
2. Players- superstars and has-beens supported by decent players on the fringe of possible stardom but without the proper guidance to develop.
3. Fans-At one time the envy of Europe and possibly the world. Loyal, fun, friendly and most of all united (if you'll pardon the expression).
Now it seems the club is falling apart at the seams and the fans are split all over the place not knowing where to turn. Arguing, bickering, abusing their own players and fighting amongst themselves!!!! I have read a post today on here about one fan wanting to fill in some guys in the stadium last night but thankfully didn’t follow it through. What is going on!!???
That would never have happened years ago. Even if we do win on Thursday, by the next home game we will be back to the same old bickering, complaining and feeble performances by overpaid overrated players.
I fear the only way for this club is to return back to basics, bring through the youth and home-grown talent and players with a sense of pride and passion for the club and what wearing that badge over your heart means. Bring back Joe Royle if that’s what it takes. We don’t want the mourinhos of this world and we certainly don’t want Hughes or Robihnio unless they are prepared to start wearing thier hearts on thier sleeves and bleed blue blood.
Pride in battle......I doubt half of them have even been in a fight!!!!! Oh to go back to the rainy days in Macc.......
C.T.I.D

Your spot on mate, you and me and thousands of other blues might agree, but our owners probably wont.

Some good points but I thought our boys showed quite a bit of passion last night. I thought SWP, the real superman, Zab, Dunney, Ned, Given, Bellers and even Robby were up for it. We just lacked the quality to win the midfield battles and our full backs were shocking.

citymad said:
Some good points but I thought our boys showed quite a bit of passion last night. I thought SWP, the real superman, Zab, Dunney, Ned, Given, Bellers and even Robby were up for it. We just lacked the quality to win the midfield battles and our full backs were shocking.

You think Robbi was up for it? Jesus!. The man has been a disgrace. we paid 30 odd million quid for a player who literally cant be arsed to put a shift in for the majority of the games we play. A player with his talent should be able to take a big game by the scruff of the neck and make the difference, but he doesnt.
Sell him to Chelski, get our money back ( tho i doubt it! ) and buy 2 world class players who can do what they are paid to do.

steve4666 said:
citymad said:

You think Robbi was up for it? Jesus!. The man has been a disgrace. we paid 30 odd million quid for a player who literally cant be arsed to put a shift in for the majority of the games we play. A player with his talent should be able to take a big game by the scruff of the neck and make the difference, but he doesnt.
Sell him to Chelski, get our money back ( tho i doubt it! ) and buy 2 world class players who can do what they are paid to do.

I said he was up for it not that he played well. He was always available and looking for the ball. I think he's over rated and came with a big pricetag and he's struggling to live with all that expectataion.

the money has unfortunately been the first thing that some fans have turned to when they want to attack the manager. I wish they'd stop. There are plenty of valid criticisms of our management, but some people appear determined to ramp up expectations. we have the world and his dog hating and criticising us because they think our money will lead us to make buy the wrong players and run the club in the wrong way (not to mention how we will destroy football). instead of throwing half assed accusations based on how much money we've spent around, how about wanting to prove them wrong and show we are ALL in it for the long term. our team hasnt gelled, the players lack confidence. THATs a valid criticism, work on that, if you really must criticise the manager.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.