Hearts away , pre-season mid 90's

183sash said:
lancs blue said:
The Ledge said:
Did City play Livingston that pre-season? That was my first game and I've never found out what year it was.
Wasn't that the following pre-season, 1996? We also beat Kilmarnock 4-0 or 4-1 that summer I think.
went to kilmarnock , it was '97 , saw them play at Stirling a couple of days before, think we played one more scottish side in the tour , didnt see it ,dont know who it was against

Cheers lads. I remember the t-shirt were all spelt wrongly e.g. Livingstone, Sterling and there was another one. Quinn and Rosler up front if I remember correctly?

The Ledge said:
183sash said:
lancs blue said:
Wasn't that the following pre-season, 1996? We also beat Kilmarnock 4-0 or 4-1 that summer I think.
went to kilmarnock , it was '97 , saw them play at Stirling a couple of days before, think we played one more scottish side in the tour , didnt see it ,dont know who it was against

Cheers lads. I remember the t-shirt were all spelt wrongly e.g. Livingstone, Sterling and there was another one. Quinn and Rosler up front if I remember correctly?

I managed to dig out the programme from that Livingston match (set me back a whole 50p it did!) and the game was July 22nd 1997.

The listed squad was: Margetson, Brightwell (Ian), Horlock, Dickov, Clough, Symons, Brannan, Summerbee, Atkinson, Kernaghan, Kinkladze, Rosler, Kavelashvilli, Crooks, Heaney, Edghill, Immel, Hiley, Wright, Ingram, Whitley. I think some of the kids played though.

As for the Hearts game it was definitelty 5-1. Summerbee scored to either put us ahead or make it 1-1 then it all went downhill from there. We had a top laugh amongst the blues that day though, brought on by the stark evidence that we really were crap.

Pretty sure the Hearts game was one of two games we played in Scotland that pre-season, the other game being against Raith Rovers.

I was only about 8 at the time but remember Andy Dibble having an absolute mare at Tynecastle. He was like a bloody sieve that day!

ade_105_r said:
Pretty sure the Hearts game was one of two games we played in Scotland that pre-season, the other game being against Raith Rovers.

I was only about 8 at the time but remember Andy Dibble having an absolute mare at Tynecastle. He was like a bloody sieve that day!

I can remember Scott Thomas megging the Hearts right back and my thought was 'We've got a real star here'. The little things you had to cling to, changed days indeed!

I was at this game, Alan Ball's 1st in charge I believe, only a few hundred City fans there, they gave us a corner of the main stand - oppossite where the camera is now and to the right. I took my other half and we had a few nights in Edinburgh. I can't remember much about the game (5-1) but in the warm up before kick off, Carl Griffiths (I think it was him anyway) scored a penalty with a back heel after a run-up, very impressive !

Great trip

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.