Heaton park concerts

As said beat is to walk did it for the stone roses and was a lot quicker than mates who jumped a bus/tram.

Took about 50 mins at a decent pace.

Last edited:
I’ve seen Oasis and the Stone Roses there. Admittedly both years ago but the transport won’t have changed.

You’ll be there hours trying to get a bus / taxi and I think the trams will have stopped.

Walk it or try and blag a lift.

Edge towards the exit as the gig is ending then leg it. My tactic the last two times and managed to get taxis back into town. Very lucky though.

Off to the new order concert next week but never been to heaton park for a concert. I guess tram from town is best getting there.
Any recommendations for the best way to get back after the concert ? I guess finished around 11pm . cheers
Thankfully I live on vic Ave so it’s less than a miles mooch for me…. Just got to try get Friday evening off now as I’d booked these ages ago and totally forgot about it!!

It's a terrible venue for getting out from. It's dead easy to get to during the day but leaving is a nightmare as the infrastructure just isn't there to get people back home. It's not even easy for taxis to queue up either.

I agree with what everyone else has said, walk into town and try to flag a taxi on the way.

Haven't got one but if i had you'd be welcome.

The last tram leaves Bury about 11:30 so it depends on timing but the smart thing to do is head for Bowker Vale stop and get a tram towards Bury and pick up the Manchester one at Besses or Whitefield.
I did that for one of the Move Festivals at the cricket ground. Ridiculously rammed for Manchester bound trams but the Sale / Alty line hardly anyone on it. So we got on that tram and got off at Stretford one stop down and crossed back over to the Manchester bound tram

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.