Hello

jay66uk

How are you all then? Been very busy so not been in here much.

My economic predictions seem to be coming true, though the housing market has yet to drop by as much as I thought. If you remember I said something like a 40-50% drop from peak to trough followed by a long period of doldrums and that I thought it would have hit bottom by Christmas. I did say "if nothing else happens" - billions of bale out money to the banks being a "something else".

What I didn't see coming was the mortgage market totally freezing up - that has had the affect of stopping the price fall prematurely. The top bod in Barclays today says it will take 1-2 years for the lending to start properly again. My prediction of peak to trough still stands (and, yes, people who bought over 3 years ago will still be up on the deal) but it will take the mortgage market being revived for that to happen. And it will take an enourmous number of repo's of Northern Rock-style 115% mortgages too.

2009 and 2010 are going to be shit years for many many people. Go easy on your credit cards this Christmas. And why would anyone invest in a man called Madoff? Guess what - he made off with the money...

Have a good Christmas and a peaceful 2009.

Why hello mate ..... have noticed your prolonged abscence on here of late ..... nice to hear from you again , and merry christmas!

Good to hear from you Jay.

A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours.

And you were right about the economy. Thank God I have never had credit cards.

The house prices have only fallen marginaly around here it is hust the number of sales that has dropped by 2/3rds.

Blimey - you could have just said hello instead of taking us down the credit crunch memory lane.

I remember your post about the price crash and posted that I thought you were wrong. I then went home and read the Guardian Money Section and there was an article on the house price crash in the Manchester flat market. Prices down by 50%.

Did you read the Guardian that day or was it just coincidence!!!!!!

de niro said:
hi jay, good to see you, always good to see a top poster back.

Thanks a lot, mate. Been very busy as I say. Never did get around to ribbing you about being a medja whore on the Faroes trip coverage :-) :-)

Things aren't going to get any quieter - I've got a new job for the new year being a political researcher for the leader and executive at Stockport council... Fortunately the boss man is a big blue - I think pointing out his City mug in the interview went down fairly well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.