help and pictures and advice much needed on a tatoo

chesney

i have wanted a tattoo that represents my love for city for a while now, but because its something that will be on me for the rest of my life i have researched and looked around and finally found the perfect tattooist, the tatto will be on my left leg, it will start just above my ankle and will end below the knee, every bit of skin all the way round will be covered in the end..
now i need to decide on what will be going in that space, i definately want the old badge but im unsure of anything else, if possible please may people post pics and give me ideas, and quotes and so on .. would be much apreciated , thankyou very much , nathan mathews

chesney said:
i have wanted a tattoo that represents my love for city for a while now, but because its something that will be on me for the rest of my life i have researched and looked around and finally found the perfect tattooist, the tatto will be on my left leg, it will start just above my ankle and will end below the knee, every bit of skin all the way round will be covered in the end..
now i need to decide on what will be going in that space, i definately want the old badge but im unsure of anything else, if possible please may people post pics and give me ideas, and quotes and so on .. would be much apreciated , thankyou very much , nathan mathews

Heres a good one and its similar to what your talking about but on the arm:

100_2797.jpg

No offence but the eagle/phoenix has no significance to city. Indeed it is a fairly recent addition. Who's to say in 2,3,5 or 10 years they won't get rid of it and then you are left with an out of date tattoo - which is fine - but the bird will have no relevance apart from a relatively short time on our crest

its a nice tattoo but im looking at having a few things , like built up that fits together and inbetween joining them will me shading and so on , im looking for ides of what to have , a definate is the old badge , thankyou for the help though pal

johnmc said:
No offence but the eagle/phoenix has no significance to city. Indeed it is a fairly recent addition. Who's to say in 2,3,5 or 10 years they won't get rid of it and then you are left with an out of date tattoo - which is fine - but the bird will have no relevance apart from a relatively short time on our crest

To be honest i agree with you John, i was just showing him a tattoo with a sleeve type effect to give an idea what it might look like. Although obviously his would be on the leg. I'd personally have the old badge back tomorrow, its much more significant with the lancashire rose and the ship, for the Manchester ship canal.

johnmc said:
0a9z0.jpg

gingerthai said:
chesney said:

Heres a good one and its similar to what your talking about but on the arm:

100_2797.jpg
Is it only me who thinks this is bobbins/ The Phoenix looks like it has cataracts and looks rock all like the real one, also where is the 'M'?!

quiet_riot said:
johnmc said:
0a9z0.jpg

So whats the relevance in that?

I cant read the words at the bottom but im sure it says 1997 as well.

johnmc said:
quiet_riot said:

So whats the relevance in that?

I cant read the words at the bottom but im sure it says 1997 as well.

"The eagle forms part of badge which has recently been granted to the City of Manchester. It is not strictly part of the coat of arms, though it is complimentary to it.

First permission for its use has been accorded Manchester United for the Cup final. A town hall authority explained that the eagle was not Germanic in origin or design, but was symbolic of Manchester's connection with ancient Rome.

The 'M' is the fesse dancettee recording the association with an ancient family which were Lords of the Manor, Though it looks like an M it is not in fact. The ring around it is symbolic of Ringway. The mural crown is the symbol of municipal corporation. It is in silver or white to symbolise clean air - in the provision of which Manchester has played a pioneer role."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.