help and pictures and advice much needed on a tatoo

quiet_riot said:
"The eagle forms part of badge which has recently been granted to the City of Manchester. It is not strictly part of the coat of arms, though it is complimentary to it.

First permission for its use has been accorded Manchester United for the Cup final. A town hall authority explained that the eagle was not Germanic in origin or design, but was symbolic of Manchester's connection with ancient Rome.

The 'M' is the fesse dancettee recording the association with an ancient family which were Lords of the Manor, Though it looks like an M it is not in fact. The ring around it is symbolic of Ringway. The mural crown is the symbol of municipal corporation. It is in silver or white to symbolise clean air - in the provision of which Manchester has played a pioneer role."

No real reference to Manchester, a rag detail thrown in and nothing to do with City before it was added to the crest.

Also you could use our latin motto:

images

Was it just me dreaming, or did the bigscreens at Wembley show a guy having a bigass Wembleytat on the back? Had some text on as well, couldnt make it out.
After the game, we were still celebrating like crazy but I glansed up and saw it for a splitsecond.

sorry i don't know how to post pictures but i have one on my right leg of the bee and stars... more a manchester symbol than city but still

mammyjam said:
sorry i don't know how to post pictures but i have one on my right leg of the bee and stars... more a manchester symbol than city but still
wouldnt mind a look at this

chesney said:
mammyjam said:
wouldnt mind a look at this

sent you a pm with a link on my fb

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.