Help -Need a Laptop

PrestwichPeteMcfc

But i know nothinf about them. Needs to be quick, and nt crash every 5 minutes like the one i've got atm. I'm only gona use it for internet, music, microsoft office and footie manager. Do I need to be lukin for with high amount of RAM or high GHz??? Any suggestions?

that's what happens when you've got a shit computer and what your typing appears on screen 10 minutes after you've typed it, hence i need a new one. thanks for the help though.

jimharri said:
squirtyflower said:
You can't go wrong with a Dell, although not the cheapest around.

Personally prefer Apple as they are sooooooo fast.
But pricey in comparison. I'm using a Samsung R510; it does the job.

I agree, Apples are too expensive but, having used PCs for 20 years I would not give up my Apple.I used Dells all the time and they never broke down. Had a Dell desktop for ten years and still worked great until I binned it.

squirtyflower said:

Yeah I was looking at an apple but I can't really get used to office for macs. I know macs are generally faster but would a £720 mac actually be faster than a £720 pc with more RAM/GHz. If it it i'll get the macbook probably.

PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
squirtyflower said:

Yeah I was looking at an apple but I can't really get used to office for macs. I know macs are generally faster but would a £720 mac actually be faster than a £720 pc with more RAM/GHz. If it it i'll get the macbook probably.

Office for Mac is quirky, I use it, but when I switch my Mac on I'm using it whilst my PC friends are still waiting for Microsoft to load. Don't listen to me though I just hate Gates and Microsoft lol.

Been using an Apple for 16 months and it has been fine, just think they are expensive like you say. Have to say the support in the Apple Centre in Manchester is fantastic.

Depends how much you are willing to pay. If you only need it for basic stuff and don't want to spend much I'd go for a cheap Dell. If you're willing to spend a bit more Apple just upgraded the MacBook Pro range. If you know anyone eligible for the educational discount you not only get it cheaper you also apparently get a free (or very cheap) iPod Touch.

O2 do some mobile broadband contracts where you get a free laptop that will do everything you want to do.

I think it's about 30.00 a month for 24 months - it saves splashing out on a laptop all at once.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.