Help needed to block FC UTD!

dubaisteve

Mate of mine is having problems with FC Utd wanting to build a stadium near his house, starting this topic for him so that he can explain what we as blues can do to help!

Cheers

HELP! all blues support me in my fight against fc united building a stadium on my door step. we are being railroaded by the council and fc. any ideas on fighting these pirahnas off. serious suggestions would be really helpfull.
I didnt move to moston to look out my window at some FAKE reds stadium.
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dubaisteve said:
Mate of mine is having problems with FC Utd wanting to build a stadium near his house, starting this topic for him so that he can explain what we as blues can do to help!

Cheers

go and dig up the field and see if you can find a roman coin
Roman archaeology will save you

bingo
romancoin_domitian_t.jpg

then your field is saved<br /><br />-- Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:13 pm --<br /><br />funny thing i just google moston

Moston Hall,. Manchester. An Archaeological. DeskRBased Assessment for .... Roman road from Manchester

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.digmanchester.org.uk/downloads/Moston_DBAs.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.digmanchester.org.uk/downloa ... n_DBAs.pdf</a>

This is a serious issue for many Moston residents (of which I am one).
I personally do not mind FCUM being in Moston - JUST NOT ON GREEN FIELDS.

The plans are to build on the Ronald Johnson Playing Fields (in between St Mary's Road and Lightbowne Road) near to the Nuthurst Road junction.
The stadium will be so tight that the distance between the houses on St Mary's Road and the boundary to the stadium will be 14.6 meters!

People selling houses in the area are already being asked to drop the price and also that they have to tell potential buyers of the proposed stadium. At least two people have already stated that their proposed sale has fell through because of the proposal.

Local people will have to buy a parking permit should the stadium go ahead - cost £120!!! Fans of FCUM can park for free along Lightbowne Road and the board of FCUM can park for free in ''their stadium''. Residents living close by will have to pay around £4 per game to park their car on match days.......

FCUM say the stadium will benefit the whole of the community. They say rooms will be available in the club house to hold IT suites (available for free in the two local libraries), homework clubs (already available) lunch clubs for the elderly (available in local churches) councillor surgeries (available currently in two locations) breakfast clubs (available in local schools) etc etc etc
FCUM are offering NOTHING new to the community of Moston but are looking to displace agencies already offering such activities - and for FCUM to recieve the funding for doing so. Local agencies offering activities for decades will lose out financially and threaten their already harsh existence.
FCUM will be TAKING away a valuable piece of green space in Moston, of which there are few.....

Please support local Moston residents in this issue.
Keep Moston green............

Oh, PS, forgot an important piece of info!
The Ronald Johnson Playing Fields was given to the people of Moston in 1921 for recreation and not to be built on, it was then created into a trust and given to the Manchester Corporation (now the council) to be guardians of the site......

The Pink Panther said:
Dig a hole, fill it with water and chuck a couple of Great Crested Newts in it

Job done

haha very true- you guys are mad about your newts, didnt even know what one was until 6 months ago..thought it sounded more like a bird

Not sure where you stand with respect to the land being Common Land but this might be worth checking out. You might want to think about banding together with some of your neighbours and either going to Citizens Advice or a local solicitor so you can get your objections in and maybe some representation at the public enquiry stage.

Check the planning page of the Local Authority as well as you need to get your objections in sooner rather than later and the planners should help you. There are time limits on these things.

Hope that helps.

CB

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Oh, PS, forgot an important piece of info!
The Ronald Johnson Playing Fields was given to the people of Moston in 1921 for recreation and not to be built on, it was then created into a trust and given to the Manchester Corporation (now the council) to be guardians of the site......

Unfortunatly that will be disregarded buy the council if someone bullshits them about money and what it brings to the community, Clayton Playing fields on the Oldham/Chadderton/Royton border is the same, but slowly the council are agreeing to have building's put on and taking bits of the land away, proper shit i know.

citizenblue said:
Not sure where you stand with respect to the land being Common Land but this might be worth checking out. You might want to think about banding together with some of your neighbours and either going to Citizens Advice or a local solicitor so you can get your objections in and maybe some representation at the public enquiry stage.

Check the planning page of the Local Authority as well as you need to get your objections in sooner rather than later and the planners should help you. There are time limits on these things.

Hope that helps.

CB

It isnt common land - there is a covenant on the land! The council have stated in their desire to house FCUM that they believe they can ''navigate'' around the covenant.......
We have contacted a barrister and we need £1200 for his services - he has a great track record in he was the barrister for residents against Oldham Athletic moving onto the Lancaster Club at the bottom of Broadway. He will inform us of our chances against the proposals based on the charity commission awarding this based on the covenant that exists and any other legal way we can fight this proposal.
We may be asking for direct donations or help with other fundraising ideas. Please watch this space.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.