Help needed to block FC UTD!

Stuart said:
I thought he was an MP around those parts.
I mean, Harpurhey is no where fuckin' near Moston is it ? MP/Councillor....my bad. Meh.
He's still a slimy bastard though, that's for sure.
My opinion of course, before you start going on one again. ;-)

For what it's worth, I hope the local residents get the decision they want out of this.

Does Councillor Karnage still think Rochdale Rd is akin to the Champs Elysees in Paris ?

<a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1404478_spot_la_difference__paris_and_harpurhey_to_be_twins" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... o_be_twins</a>
Wooo not only do you post pics you do links as well, ever hear of Tongue in cheek?
Come on entertain me, how can a man? Who dosent know the difference between an mp and a councillor, accuse someone who has done more for Manchester than most of being slimey?

AndyFcum said:
MADEYEDSCREAMER You aren’t describing the true picture though are you? - This is not just about FC United. The partnership with Moston Juniors FC is conveniently being ignored here, which was highlighted in the leaflet. You do all realise that a large sporting complex was planned for this playing field earlier with better drainage and new pitches etc but MJFC couldn’t find the extra funding required, to add to the Council’s own £750k. The scheme would have given the kids’ dozen or so different teams somewhere to get changed and shower and so much more. There was no local protest or apparent concern over this earlier proposal to develop the valuable piece of Moston “green space”. The land is fenced off and locked, not a picnic areaand not parkland by any means.
The Council has since worked to bring in FC United and our £2.75m to try and find a solution to both our and MJFC’s struggle to find a permanent home in a joint project.
FC United know Moston Juniors well already and this scheme will introduce a fantastic resource into Moston for young local footballers to work more closely with an established semi-pro team; something the area should be proud to be associated with. These new pitches (floodlit also) and training facilities will help us both to help each other – a grass roots football scheme which has already caught the interest of the FA .
BLUEBLUEBLUE - you describe us piranhas railroading this proposal. What evidence do you have for this ridiculous accusation?

-- Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:45 am --

aaronctid said:
Noise Polution.
As an occupier of premises affected by noise nuisance you can complain directly to the Magistrates Court under section 82 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990. You may do this because you do not wish to involve the local authority or because you have not obtained satisfaction from them.

this football ground will generate unwanted noise, can section 82 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 be used to help get the proposed build stopped?

This issue was successfully addressed in FC United's earlier planning application to MCC for the Ten Acres Lane ground through sound reduction technology/screens etc as the ground would have been close to housing there also, to minimise disturbance. Similar measures have been built into our revised design for the Lightbowne Road proposal.

This is not just about FC United.
Of course it's not,stop using the kids they'll be fine without you.

gaz76 said:
Stuart said:
I thought he was an MP around those parts.
I mean, Harpurhey is no where fuckin' near Moston is it ? MP/Councillor....my bad. Meh.
He's still a slimy bastard though, that's for sure.
My opinion of course, before you start going on one again. ;-)

For what it's worth, I hope the local residents get the decision they want out of this.

Does Councillor Karnage still think Rochdale Rd is akin to the Champs Elysees in Paris ?

<a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1404478_spot_la_difference__paris_and_harpurhey_to_be_twins" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... o_be_twins</a>
Wooo not only do you post pics you do links as well, ever hear of Tongue in cheek??
Come on entertain me, how can a man? Who dosent know the difference between an mp and a councillor, accuse someone who has done more for Manchester than most of being slimey?

Hahaha nice one Gaz.

Yeah, how the fuck would I know the difference between a MP/Councillor ? It's not as though I don't know any Councillors on a personal level ? (There's a clue for you)
It's just my opinion Mr.Karney....erm I mean Gaz.

Here's another ;-)

I think you missed the first one, hence the highlight.
;-)

Links and pics ! Great... 'init' fella.

Blue Manc
How will the "kids" be better off, exactly? If this proposal fails, there is no other funding available to give Moston Juniors FC their new facilities and new pitches? Being pretty local, from Failsworth, I think it would be a real shame if this failed for these young lads, apart from my obvious bias for a new stadium.

Are you happy to smugly dismiss their needs because of your problem with FC United?

AndyFcum said:
Blue Manc
How will the "kids" be better off, exactly? If this proposal fails, there is no other funding available to give Moston Juniors FC their new facilities and new pitches? Being pretty local, from Failsworth, I think it would be a real shame if this failed for these young lads, apart from my obvious bias for a new stadium.

Are you happy to smugly dismiss their needs because of your problem with FC United?

Trying to stay as objective as possible here.

Who would chose to have a football stadium, and the issues which come with one, on their doorstep? FCUM have approx 2000 showing up to matches at present, and that will cause issue in and of itself. However, that's the situation now, after only a few years. FCUM having been moving up the divisions, is it inconceivable for them to, at some point, become a League side? Look at AFC Wimbledon for proof it isn't. What will the crowds be then? FCUM's attendance is already on a par with one of the better supported Blue Square Prem sides, put them in League One and you'd likely see an attendance, given Manchester's population is far in excess of any team you'll find in the lower levels, of 5,000 average.

Given the negatives that come with proximity to a football stadium (don't believe for a minute the claims by FCUM that property values will go up, if estate agents are saying a 10% drop in value is likely then THAT'S what will happen, they after all will be the ones actually assessign the propoerty values) it's completely understandable that the residents of Moston don't want the stadium anywhere near them, regardless of who will be playing there.

And lets not pretend this is "all about the kids", it isn't. Moston Juniors have just been grabbed by FCUM and are being used as a shield to get what they want. If it was beneficial to not have Moston Juniors involved then FCUM would drop them like a stone.

Matty said:
AndyFcum said:
Blue Manc

Trying to stay as objective as possible here.

Who would chose to have a football stadium, and the issues which come with one, on their doorstep? FCUM have approx 2000 showing up to matches at present, and that will cause issue in and of itself. However, that's the situation now, after only a few years. FCUM having been moving up the divisions, is it inconceivable for them to, at some point, become a League side? Look at AFC Wimbledon for proof it isn't. What will the crowds be then? FCUM's attendance is already on a par with one of the better supported Blue Square Prem sides, put them in League One and you'd likely see an attendance, given Manchester's population is far in excess of any team you'll find in the lower levels, of 5,000 average.

Given the negatives that come with proximity to a football stadium (don't believe for a minute the claims by FCUM that property values will go up, if estate agents are saying a 10% drop in value is likely then THAT'S what will happen, they after all will be the ones actually assessign the propoerty values) it's completely understandable that the residents of Moston don't want the stadium anywhere near them, regardless of who will be playing there.

And lets not pretend this is "all about the kids", it isn't. Moston Juniors have just been grabbed by FCUM and are being used as a shield to get what they want. If it was beneficial to not have Moston Juniors involved then FCUM would drop them like a stone.

Couldn't have put that last bit better myself. FCUM keep peddling this myth that they're a community club but the people that run them are just a bunch of attention seekers that are in it for themselves. The truth is that they don't give 2 shits about anyone else and are just using the "community" angle to blag the council into giving them what they want. IMHO of course.

AndyFcum said:
Blue Manc

The locals don't want you that's for sure & i'm sure you're not accusing them of "smugly dismissing"the needs of the local kids.
The problem i have with fc is nothing to do with who you are it's what you are & that means you are attempting to brainwash people into believing you are the new guardians of what football should really be about.,slowly but surely you will become what you say you despise.
You've already started selling your arse to TV by changing kick off times & taking a big chunk of money for it to increase your revenue,something you're supposed to be against & which a good few of you lot were.
Newton Heath AFC still exists,they still play in the green n yellow Leeds Railway kit & they STILL have the red devil that you stole off Salford Rugby club on their shirts,i thought you were going back to the roots of who you were???if you'd thrown your lot in with them i might have had a bit of respect for you.

Appalling MEN stitch up in today's MEN (not even going to provide the link....).
Residents demanded the right to reply after Thursday's one sided story regarding FCUM's ''charm offensive'' on Mostonians.
So we organised a demo on Saturday, local people turning up (around 100 at less than 18 hours notice) on the field to show their support for keeping / protecting an area of green land that has a covenant on it.
The MEN turn up, take pictures etc and then turn the article into a game of ping pong with protesters and FCUM about house prices and car parking permits. NOTHING about green land and covenants...... fucking disgraceful - local journalism at its worst.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Appalling MEN stitch up in today's MEN (not even going to provide the link....).
Residents demanded the right to reply after Thursday's one sided story regarding FCUM's ''charm offensive'' on Mostonians.
So we organised a demo on Saturday, local people turning up (around 100 at less than 18 hours notice) on the field to show their support for keeping / protecting an area of green land that has a covenant on it.
The MEN turn up, take pictures etc and then turn the article into a game of ping pong with protesters and FCUM about house prices and car parking permits. NOTHING about green land and covenants...... fucking disgraceful - local journalism at its worst.
Despite what the posters who don't even read the M.E.N think, i would expect that,they have recently printed a pretty piss poor denial of bias brought about by City fans flooding them with complaints.
Do a similar thing,flood the fuckin thing with complaints & don't put all your eggs in one basket,phone or e-mail other papers or find local MPs that actually give a shit about what's happening & get them to get it out in the open.
You are dealing with sly devious fuckers, that are willing to use whatever they have to to get what they want,reply in kind.

FCTraitor Andy still hasn't answered the parking permit question asked days and pages ago.
No mention whatsoever of steamrollering legally binding covenants or the wishes of local people.
We should ask Sheikh Mansour to buy the land and build Moston Juniors a changing room, just for the craic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.