help please city fans

bluemooninho said:
Why not do something a little different. It is the perfect time to do a tribute to where we have come from!!! Maybe the standout player for each of the last 16 seasons (remember Dunne got player of the season for 4 years).

That also takes us back to the dark days and the year we beat Gillingham in the playoff final. My suggestions would be:

98/99 - Dickov
99/00 - Goater
00/01 - Wanchope (or even Weah, just for the fun of it)
01/02 - Huckerby (as we've already had Goater)
02/03 - Foé
03/04 - Anelka
04/05/06/07/08 - Dunne
08/09 - Ireland
09/10 - Tévez
10/11 - Kompany
11/12 - Aguero
12/13 - Zabaleta
What? No goalkeeper?

leetollerfield said:
bluemooninho said:
Why not do something a little different. It is the perfect time to do a tribute to where we have come from!!! Maybe the standout player for each of the last 16 seasons (remember Dunne got player of the season for 4 years).

That also takes us back to the dark days and the year we beat Gillingham in the playoff final. My suggestions would be:

98/99 - Dickov
99/00 - Goater
02/03 - Foé
03/04 - Anelka
04/05/06/07/08 - Dunne
08/09 - Ireland
09/10 - Tévez
10/11 - Kompany
11/12 - Aguero
12/13 - Zabaleta
What? No goalkeeper?

Martin Fullop?

leetollerfield said:
bluemooninho said:

98/99 - Dickov
99/00 - Goater
02/03 - Foé
03/04 - Anelka
04/05/06/07/08 - Dunne
08/09 - Ireland
09/10 - Tévez
10/11 - Kompany
11/12 - Aguero
12/13 - Zabaleta
What? No goalkeeper?

This isn't meant to be a first team. Just players who stood out each year. Who would you replace for a goalkeeper from that year?

bluemooninho said:
BufordUSABlue said:
mrwalks12 said:
interesting idea bluemoonio

Not sure about Ireland, I don't buy in to the hype with him I'm afraid and he only had 1/2-1 decent season at best for us. So, what about Kinky and Morrison, both played huge parts in our history, the former to brighten up the almost permanent gloom and the latter again almost single handedly dragging the team up!

Just a couple of suggestions to debate chaps.....

Kind of misses the point of it being a person from the year then. But I do take your point with Ireland. How about Robinho or Elano for 08/09 then???

Sorry, I got all caught up in the Stevie Ireland issue :-)
Personally I would go for Robinho because that really stated our intent and he was some talent when he could be properly arsed!

bluemooninho said:

98/99 - Dickov
99/00 - Goater
02/03 - Foé
03/04 - Anelka
04/05/06/07/08 - Dunne
08/09 - Ireland
09/10 - Tévez
10/11 - Kompany
11/12 - Aguero
12/13 - Zabaleta
brilliant idea. Although you need a keepr in there. Weaver or hart though?

davymcfc said:
bluemooninho said:

98/99 - Dickov
99/00 - Goater
02/03 - Foé
03/04 - Anelka
04/05/06/07/08 - Dunne
08/09 - Ireland
09/10 - Tévez
10/11 - Kompany
11/12 - Aguero
12/13 - Zabaleta
brilliant idea. Although you need a keepr in there. Weaver or hart though?
No team photo is complete without a manager there, make sure you get Pearce's good side.

bluemooninho said:
BufordUSABlue said:
mrwalks12 said:
interesting idea bluemoonio

Not sure about Ireland, I don't buy in to the hype with him I'm afraid and he only had 1/2-1 decent season at best for us. So, what about Kinky and Morrison, both played huge parts in our history, the former to brighten up the almost permanent gloom and the latter again almost single handedly dragging the team up!

Just a couple of suggestions to debate chaps.....

Kind of misses the point of it being a person from the year then. But I do take your point with Ireland. How about Robinho or Elano for 08/09 then???

how can you not choose Ireland because he only had a good 18 months.... then choose Robinho or Elano!?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.