Help please! first ever job interview.

i take it you handed in a cv/app form to get the interview?

i had a job at morries when i was at college and the cv got me the job tbh....the interview was a quick informal chat about the role and to see how i reacted to different eventualities i.e situations that may arise with customers

which one is it at btw?

Try and look up if the particular company has a mission statement .......(core values etc)..and pop one or 2 into any questions they may ask.......best of luck.

I've been for an interview there Ash, one of the stupidest question I got asked was "What does the Morrisons company mean to you?"

If you can answer that without wearing your a better man than me.

EDIT: PS I didn't get the job ;-P

Shirt & tie, makes it looks like you made an effort no matter what the position is for. Be clean shaven and make sure your hair is tidy.

If they ask a question like above go along the lines of "quality, value, customer service etc."
Make sure you use stuff like entuhusiastic, hard working punctual, pride in what you do etc. and always ask a couple of questions at the end.

if the morrisons near us is anything to go by you will just need to be able to talk loudly about what your doing tonight.
unless its a supervisors job ,then you can order your minions to endlessly move the onions around

For a supermarket interview, they're just checking that you're not a total fuckwit, then after that depending how many people went for the post, it's a lottery.

You'll also probably be getting interviewed by a bored, horny and sexually frustrated 40 something woman, so smile nicely and you should be fine.

Its tomorrow now my interview. The woman running the interview, her daughter has gone into labour. thanks for all your help guys.

Prepare yourself for the most pointless maths test ever as well. They did that with me when I had an interview for Morrisons in Bolton. They just do it so they can use you as cover for the tills and stuff. It is all stuff about how much change you would have for a 32p tin of beans if someone pays you with an albanian 56 jalopy note and 4 luncheon vouchers. Not too bad really.

Wear a shirt and tie, polish your shoes. If you are wearing a jacket and want to take it off ask first, it shows that you are relaxed but you are not taking things lightly.

Finally, good luck pal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.