Help recalling specific Beagrie trick / ref blooper

bluetonium

Can anyone help me trace a little bit of Beagrie magic from the 90s? All I can remember was that it took place just over the half way line on the left wing, close to or on the touchline, when Peter Beagrie was in City blue.

The ball came to Beagrie and the opponent was steaming towards him and slides in, a red card in the modern game if he makes contact. Instead of getting clocked, Beagrie flicks it over this numpty and avoids the challenge, and carried on towards goal. As a kid that had me playing left wing for weeks. Don't think we scored from it, but have spent ages on youtube and on here trying to find the clip to no avail.

Can you remember the match? Even better, is there any video evidence?

Also appreciated would be the time, again 90s at Home when my Dad says that the ball smacked the ref and his false teeth fell out. I can't remember this but it still makes him chuckle to this day, did it happen? He thinks it was Leicester and/or a cup game, possibly a night game.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

bluetonium said:
Can anyone help me trace a little bit of Beagrie magic from the 90s? All I can remember was that it took place just over the half way line on the left wing, close to or on the touchline, when Peter Beagrie was in City blue.

The ball came to Beagrie and the opponent was steaming towards him and slides in, a red card in the modern game if he makes contact. Instead of getting clocked, Beagrie flicks it over this numpty and avoids the challenge, and carried on towards goal. As a kid that had me playing left wing for weeks. Don't think we scored from it, but have spent ages on youtube and on here trying to find the clip to no avail.

Can you remember the match? Even better, is there any video evidence?

Also appreciated would be the time, again 90s at Home when my Dad says that the ball smacked the ref and his false teeth fell out. I can't remember this but it still makes him chuckle to this day, did it happen? He thinks it was Leicester and/or a cup game, possibly a night game.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Can't help with the opponents, but I remember exactly what you're describing. More or less on half way, right in front of the Kippax, heading for the North Stand. He just lifted the ball up over the slide challenge with his right foot, right on the touchline, and then carried on running. Looked like the ball was glued to his toe. I wanted to say Spurs in the 5-2 but it wasn't cos I missed that one.

There was one where he trapped the ball on the half way line in front of the Main Stand from a 30 yard pass in the air using the outside of his right foot,killed it and continued on towards the North Stand,was either Leeds or Bradford.Amazing player.

I think it was the 4-0 against everton....
Attacking the platt lane stand (or the umbro stand for the posh folk)<br /><br />-- Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:30 pm --<br /><br />I think it was the 4-0 against everton....
Attacking the platt lane stand (or the umbro stand for the posh folk)

Have seen the Spurs 5-2 but not sure the move is in that clip.

One thing I noticed that brought back memories was the Manchester City v Tottenham, Dec 15th 1990 where we played in our red/black away kit at Maine Road because it was a bit foggy. I can't remember us ever doing that before. Could this be the only time it's happened?

steviemc said:

One thing I noticed that brought back memories was the Manchester City v Tottenham, Dec 15th 1990 where we played in our red/black away kit at Maine Road because it was a bit foggy. I can't remember us ever doing that before. Could this be the only time it's happened?

Remember us coming out in the yellow and black checkered one but can't remember who.

steviemc said:

The 1990 one was when we played in maroon and Spurs in yellow. Also remember Gazza getting wound up in the warm up as City fans were singing "He,s gonna cry in a minute" and he kept hitting the warm up balls over the stand on purpose. Beat em 2-1.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0JTVWV4Pwc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0JTVWV4Pwc</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.