Help with a quiz question

Mental_blue said:
Stewart never played in a Manchester Derby. Frizzell signed him just before the transfer deadline in the season we went down and we had already played United twice by then.

We sold him to Spurs at the end of our first season in Div 2.

The original question is a fake question - there is no answer.

I agree.

psut1 said:
Help with a quiz question should know it but I don,t

Only player to have played in a Manchester, Sheffield, North East (Newcastle v Sunderland), Glasgow and Merseyside derby

Seems to be a trick question. Noting that question does not qoute actual teams ( e.g. you are meant to assume it`s City v Rags etc ) the answer may be an amateur, a junior or even a female!!

Personally I`ve given up

Mental_blue said:
Colin_Bell said:
Stewart did play in a Manchester derby !!

Stewart never played in a Manchester Derby. Frizzell signed him just before the transfer deadline in the season we went down and we had already played United twice by then.

We sold him to Spurs at the end of our first season in Div 2.

The original question is a fake question - there is no answer.

Although I agree I think this is one of those dodgy questions that has now answer, Paul Stewart did play in a Derby at the end of that first season in Div 2 and I think this was technically his last game for City before he was sold to Spurs. It was testimonial at OT for either like Arthur Albaston or Kevin Moran (we played the other in the following pre-season)

DunneyMonster said:
Although I agree I think this is one of those dodgy questions that has now answer, Paul Stewart did play in a Derby at the end of that first season in Div 2 and I think this was technically his last game for City before he was sold to Spurs. It was testimonial at OT for either like Arthur Albaston or Kevin Moran (we played the other in the following pre-season)

Good spot. I don't have the team line ups to hand but Stewart signed for City in March 1987 and left in June 1988 and we played Utd in 2 games that he could have played in. I'm certain he played in the first game, but not certain about the second.

Aug 4th 1987 City 1 Utd 3 - Manchester International Tournament (att:20,000)
May 8th 1988 Utd 0 City 2 - Arthur Albistion Testimonial (att: 14,898)

But he didn't play in Glasgow or Sheffield, did he?

Gary James said:
DunneyMonster said:

Good spot. I don't have the team line ups to hand but Stewart signed for City in March 1987 and left in June 1988 and we played Utd in 2 games that he could have played in. I'm certain he played in the first game, but not certain about the second.

Aug 4th 1987 City 1 Utd 3 - Manchester International Tournament (att:20,000)
May 8th 1988 Utd 0 City 2 - Arthur Albistion Testimonial (att: 14,898)

But he didn't play in Glasgow or Sheffield, did he?

May 8th 1988 Utd 0 City 2 - Arthur Albistion Testimonial - That was the one I was thinking of, he definitely played in that as well. I had fogotten the tournament, if I remember it was Athletico Minero and PSV, I remember Gullit had just left PSV as well for Milan.

It must be a false question.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2002/mar/06/theknowledge.sport" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2002 ... edge.sport</a>

I reckon its a trick question like the only player to score for the rags and save a penalty fr Newcastle in the same season was.......

The Honey Monster!

I know Paul Walsh played in the North London, Manchester & Scouse derby but that doesnt answer the question!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.