Help with travelling to London

RACHACE

http://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=409471
Alright Blues

Needs some help on travelling to London for Doves gig in March.

Looking at trains and they're quite expensive, near £200 for the wife and I to get to where our hotel will be which is near Edgware Road station. So I'm thinking that I'll drive to the outskirts, park the car and get train/underground to Edgware Road which I reckon could save us about £100.

Can anyone recommend a place to park and or a route? Or even better a way to get the train from Manchester/Stockport far cheaper than the prices I've currently seen.

Cheers.

Alright Blues

Looking at trains and they're quite expensive, near £200 for the wife and I to get to where our hotel will be which is near Edgware Road station. So I'm thinking that I'll drive to the outskirts, park the car and get train/underground to Edgware Road which I reckon could save us about £100.

Can anyone recommend a place to park and or a route? Or even better a way to get the train from Manchester/Stockport far cheaper than the prices I've currently seen.

Cheers.

Will you only be parking over the weekend? If so you’ll be fine parking. If you need to park on a Friday or Monday though mate you won’t be able to without paying a fair whack as residential parking permits are issued all in and around London.

If you’re staying on Edgware Road you could park in Maida Vale and get the tube a couple of stops in. Simple enough.

Drive and park in Stanmore. You can park on the street last time I was there or use Just Park or Park On My Drive type things, usually around a tenner a night. Very short walk to Underground and right off the M1. I've parked on someone's drive when I've stayed in London and it's great. When are you going? Virgin usually have a flash sale around now, you can register on their website for a notification when it starts.

Train or drive to Luton and the get an oyster card each.

Easy.

Flights from Manchester to Heathrow are around 90 quid per person and a train from Heathrow to edgeware road station are about 30 quid per person.
Might be worth looking at?

Drive or train to Crewe and then get a London Midlands train to Euston returns are about 40 quid and take just over 3 hours from Crewe

Alright Blues

Cheers.

Split your journey ... Manchester to Stoke (Virgin) can be got for £3.50 prebooked (single) then Stoke to london return the next day (GWR) can be got for £19.50 if you book specific times and dates

Cheers for help blues. Had a couple of really useful pm’s too.

I’ve read that you can pay to use the tube using contactless at the same price as the Oyster card which will get rid of the need of getting an Oyster card. Can anyone confirm that’s accurate?

Cheers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.