Hendrix

Greatest guitarist ever in my book. There have been fast and more technically precise since him, but none of their work would have been possible without him. One of music’s true innovators.
Electric Ladyland is a solid fixture in my top 10 albums too, every track is a banger.

Greatest guitarist ever in my book. There have been fast and more technically precise since him, but none of their work would have been possible without him. One of music’s true innovators.
Electric Ladyland is a solid fixture in my top 10 albums too, every track is a banger.
I never thought he was the greatest. Very influential yes, definitely introduced a new way of playing. But his live performances show a lack of technical discipline, sloppy but very soulful. Innovative though.
I loved his first album.

I never thought anybody was the greatest. They're all different. A lot of guitarists think Alan Holdsworth from Bradford was the greatest ever.
I like quite a few guitarists though.

I never thought he was the greatest. Very influential yes, definitely introduced a new way of playing. But his live performances show a lack of technical discipline, sloppy but very soulful. Innovative though.
I loved his first album.

I never thought anybody was the greatest. They're all different. A lot of guitarists think Alan Holdsworth from Bradford was the greatest ever.
I like quite a few guitarists though.

It’s definitely a debate that covers a lot of bases. Zappa was an unbelievable geet man yet you rarely see his name in the top 10 polls. A lot of the musos go for Rory Gallagher which to be fair is one hell of a choice. Absolute wizard.

It's not on Youtube at the moment, but Little Wing live from the Royal Albert Hall February 1969 sums up Hendrix vs. the rest for me, the emotion and tone he gets out of that guitar is completely unmatched.

It’s definitely a debate that covers a lot of bases. Zappa was an unbelievable geet man yet you rarely see his name in the top 10 polls. A lot of the musos go for Rory Gallagher which to be fair is one hell of a choice. Absolute wizard.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Im not the only one to put Rory up in that bracket.
Yes they are all different, thy all had their styles. Rory was a guitarist’s guitarist. Those who who could play appreciated him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.