Henry Winter on Twitter

m27 said:
1_barry_conlon said:
Don't seem to remember Kenneth Williams in that one?

If my memory serves me correctly it was one of the few he wasn't in. His absence wasn't lengthy as he returned for the legendary, "Carry on Felching".

Can't say I've seen it. Any good?

Cheesy said:
m27 said:
If my memory serves me correctly it was one of the few he wasn't in. His absence wasn't lengthy as he returned for the legendary, "Carry on Felching".

Can't say I've seen it. Any good?

He had the lead with Charles Hawtrey. I believe Charles performance was voted the best....in a straw poll!!!

Thought I'd have a look at some of the reporting from Winter on the treatment of a certain Mr Phil Scholari by Chelsea after their owner saw fit to sack the previous world cup winning manager after some 8 months into his tenure at Stamford Bridge, with Chelsea wallowing in 4th position in the Premier league!!!!.
Does anybody recall national journalists on the warpath, wringing their hands at the disgraceful and disrespectful treatment of such a renowned, experienced and successful manager?
No? Thought not.
Found his comments 2 days after the event and attach the link below. He really gives it to Chelsea and the owner........not!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/chelsea/4583321/Chelseas-John-Terry-Luiz-Felipe-Scolari-had-my-support-and-that-of-one-or-two-others.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... thers.html</a>

Seems to me that certain (if not all) national journos have a different approach when dealing with our club.

Best thing to do is stick together, win games and treat them like shit.

And I was a fervent Hughes Inner but the bile from the press just makes me want to stick it to them big time.

quiet_riot said:
Half tempted to sign up to twitter just to hound this guy.

Go on, you know you want to ;-)

You could also follow Jason Manford and thats normally a grin.

He and I have had many a chat about inane nonsense - just what the doctor didnt order!

Citysmith said:
Martin O'Neill has nurtured Aston Villa's team over recent years, augmenting it intelligently, and they look well placed for the top four. So do Tottenham Hotspur under Harry Redknapp. City's Arabs, so successful in their own sphere, and the man from Nike, Cook, cannot understand that it takes time to come first, even fourth in football. Just do it overnight? No chance.

In all honest was is his problem?[/quote]

Mr Winter seems to be contradicting himself again here!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but good old principled Spurs (who, we will all remember did something of a hatchet job on the "hugely popular" Martin Jol), wouldn't know "giving it time" if it came & bit them on the arse! And yet they sit one place and four points ahead of us (admittedly we have a game in hand, but could anyone see us winning it under Hughes)?

This despite manager Harry Redknapp having only been brought in to replace Wendy Ramos on 26 October 2008, with the club lying bottom of the premiership, having gained 2 points from their first 8 games. This was nearly 5 months after Hughes' appointment at City, & the former has had nothing like the amount of money to spend that Hughes had.

Despite this, he led Spurs to a Carling Cup Final in March 2009 (6 months after his appointment, as opposed to Hughes managing a semi-final after 18 months in charge). He then led Spurs to an 8th place finish last season, one point and two places above City, despite having started from a considerably inferior points haul upon his appointment.

Following on from his successes last season, he has continued to drive his team forward this year, seemingly still outperforming Hughes, who, lest we forget had resources to dwarf the whily old dog from the East End. This culminated in his team completely dominating City last week, running up a 3-0 scoreline in the process, when they could, quite frankly, have ended up scoring as many as they wanted, such was the ineptitude of Hughes' side, which has been 18 months & over £100 million (some say £200 million), in the making.

Unfortunately for Mr Winter, by using facts & figures, its fairly easy to dismantle his argument that our owners needed to give Hughes more time & resources. Twitcher Arry, whatever we may think of him, hasn't seemed to require such luxuries at the Lane to get things moving in the right direction, so maybe, just maybe the requisite ingredient to move our club forward was not more time & more money, as Winter & his hypocritical cronies now (belatedly) cry, but simply more nous in the dugout?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.