HH Sheikh Mansour congratulates City fans

de niro said:
the takeover was great news but how many on here expected him to be THIS good.

we are very lucky indeed.

I agree, we're very lucky he chose City

Eastlands said:
Mike N said:
Why would someone go onto a comments page and pretend to be a blue when quite obviously he is a horrible Rag? 'Dignity and pride'? Fuck me, these lot are pathetic.

I must have been pretending for sixty years then, unlike many on these pages I actually went to Maine Road and now to Eastlands . I grew up in Bradford, Manchester and my comment seeks to balance the euphoria of city's success against the motivations of it's new owners who seek to launder their reputation by pretending it's all done for Manchester City supporters in order to promote the global branding of their undemocratic Country and it's Etihad Airways - National Airline of United Arab Emirates
Read it again if you ever bothered to at all, he tells his people it's their club. If you don't get that, it's you who is pathetic

and of course every owner does it just for the fans don't they?

there's a myriad of motivations to owning a football club and I'd say pumping millions in solely to benefit the locals doesn't come close

Just been in the jacuzzi at the gym. Typical rag saying city can't keep spending money, shiek will get bored. I told him about his comments this week and he had no answer. They are gutted!!

Apparently Aguero has no pace!!!

Positive news about City.
The Sheikh makes a rare (his first?) public comment about the club he owns.
Outlines plans for the future, including focus on youth.
Talks of 'unlimited ambition'.

Apart from the MUEN and the Mirror, silence from other media outlets.

Conclusion: They cannot find enough negative in the story, so don't bother running it.

Eastlands said:
Mike N said:
Why would someone go onto a comments page and pretend to be a blue when quite obviously he is a horrible Rag? 'Dignity and pride'? Fuck me, these lot are pathetic.

I must have been pretending for sixty years then, unlike many on these pages I actually went to Maine Road and now to Eastlands . I grew up in Bradford, Manchester and my comment seeks to balance the euphoria of city's success against the motivations of it's new owners who seek to launder their reputation by pretending it's all done for Manchester City supporters in order to promote the global branding of their undemocratic Country and it's Etihad Airways - National Airline of United Arab Emirates
Read it again if you ever bothered to at all, he tells his people it's their club. If you don't get that, it's you who is pathetic

Tell me about 'Dignity and Pride' please. Or were you full of this when we had the embarrassing Peter Swales turn our club from a dynamic force into a joke of a club? And what did you feel when we won the league? Please tell us.

I think there's a distinct whiff of racism in your comments. Are you the great Mr Shindler, by any chance?

Akai said:
What are your ambitions in Manchester City?

*Sheikh Mansour Smiles immediately* - "Those who support the club, congratulations on the win yesterday. I think our ambitions are big and a lot of people thought that the investment in the club was just about spending money and buying the most expensive players. But, I think as a citizen of the United Arab Emirates and as an investor in the United Kingdom, we wanted to deliver a message, that we are – yes we do have a lot of goods but we must use it in a correct way and we must be good at our investments and use our money in a correct way."

He adds later: "We think that this investment in this club is successful because the club was a mid-table team and now it’s distinguished club not because we spent a lot of money, but compared to other clubs in the United Kingdom and outside the UK, spent more than Manchester City in the previous season and their results were disappointing. What’s most important for us is to give a good impression of the Emirati investor in the UK, Europe and the West." *He then says that this club is supported by lots of Arabs in Europe and they attend lots of matches in the Etihad and that this club is for all the people in the Middle East*

"I want to point out something very important that we have done the last 3 or 2 seasons. We focused our attention on the youths. Not only that, we also focused on cooperating with the local community because the philosophy of the clubs in Europe is that part of the community work happens in the local city. So this gave us a new experience because most of our local clubs (UAE clubs) focus all their attention on one thing only, one idea and they forgot the community work. A new academy has been made to help the locals in Manchester. We also focused on talents that play outside of Europe, South American players, Africans, mostly youths to invest on them."

"I’d like to say that the investments on a club shouldn't just be about buying players, but its about the youths, the infrastructure, the local community and we have UAE students who go to the club, to learn from their experience because I think the competition in the UK is the best competition in the world."

Thank you for the translation!

I had a strange dream the other night "WE" were bought out by a Billionaire, won our 1st trophy in 35 years & then we went on to WIN the League the following season. 1 thing I forgot to mention also was that we scored 2 goals in Fergie time to snatch the Title away from the yernitid the 1 down @ the Swamp! Unbelievable, this will never be repeated as long as I live:) Sheikh Mansour ma lord, Sheikh Mansour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CTID

worsleyweb said:
Just been in the jacuzzi at the gym. Typical rag saying city can't keep spending money, shiek will get bored. I told him about his comments this week and he had no answer. They are gutted!!

Apparently Aguero has no pace!!!

Tell him. He doesn't need to show it, with a defence as slow as theirs.

Thank you HH Sheikh Mansour for saving our club , without your intervention I know our future would have been much different. To share a cup win and league title with my son was so special and for that thank you so much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.