High Violet - The National

malg said:
rushts said:
I've got all The Nationals Albums and they're all very good, i'm sure you will enjoy them.
Oh, forgot to say I did get Alligator and Boxer at the same time, but haven't been able to get High Violet off to give them a proper listen. I'll get them listened to next weekend. If they're as good as High Violet I'll be devastated that I've missed them for so long.

Boxer is good as well mate. Green Gloves is a beautiful track.

I got High Violet in 2010 after looking for some new stuff on Amazon, was listening to it nearly all of that summer and beyond. I thought it was superb.

Ada of Boxer is one of my all time favourite tunes, lovely piano playing on it from Sufjan Stevens.

The boxer is a killer record.. My favourite by the National..

The Tallest Man on Earth - There's No Leaving Now..

Great record at the mo..

malg said:
squirtyflower said:
what are your musical tastes?
As they say in Germany, Allez Uber Der Platz. However, I do like the stuff below

Lou Reed, Joy Division, The Human League, Ella Fitzgerald, Radiohead, Grandaddy, 80s, Pureessence, Leftfield, The Velvet Underground, The Eels, Randy Crawford, Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, Julie London, Agnes Obel, Death in Vegas, Bluegrass, The Fall, bit of New Order, Blancmange, Prodigy, Boards of Canada - and quite a bit of classical (but have to be in the mood)

Basically, if someone recommends something, I'll give it a quick listen on Spotify, and if I like a couple of tracks I'll buy the CD, and if I really like it I'll get it on vinyl.

Blancmange! Get in, someone else listens to them...

malg said:
Basically, this is about musical recommendations you've had from Bluemoon.

Someone posted on another thread (I think Damo or some other MOD was asking for a music recommendation). Well, I bought the CD of High Violet by The National and it is definitely the best album I've heard this year and last. Absolutely stunning, and the blokes vocals are simply brilliant - had it on for nearly a full day now.

Nearly, just nearly as good as another recommendation I got from Bluemoon, which was The Texas Jerusalem Crossroads by Lift to Experience - an album that is just never off my hifi it's that good.

Anyway, thanks to both the posters who recommended The National and Lift to Experience, they are both albums I would never have bought, but are both amongst my middle shelf CDs - where I go to for my favourites.

Oh, if you had to buy just one of the albums above Lift to Experience would just about win it.

If you like The National try The Walkmen and Band of Horses.

For fuck's sake; thought this was going to be a tip for Aintree next April.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.