HMV

Yes and gift cards are being accepted but not sold, a lass at work tried buying a gift card in Fopp and got told they will take existing one but not selll any as they are part of HMV and don't think they will be open much longer

i think its really sad that this is happening to HMV, i grew up as a teenager buying records from the Market Street shop every week..

i really hope somebody can save it..

urban genie said:
Yes and gift cards are being accepted but not sold, a lass at work tried buying a gift card in Fopp and got told they will take existing one but not selll any as they are part of HMV and don't think they will be open much longer

Someone really tried to buy a gift card? Baffling.

I lament any business closing: loss of jobs, livelihoods etc. Hopefully they can keep it going, although I don't bother with it any more. HMV lost its way years ago, too busy selling iPod accessories, Friends' DVD box sets and T-shirts to moshers. Should have stuck to the knitting, but if you really want to lament one place closing... there is only one: Yanks! :-(

A surprisingly large percentage of the UK population still cannot or simply will not shop online. I hope proper shops stay open and continue to resist web fascism

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.