Hoarders, Buried Alive.

I've never forgotten a heart breaking story of someone who filled her house with newspaper and then crawled everywhere in tunnels.

She died of dehydration.

I don't know my garage is full of shit but only difference is I can't be arsed getting rid of some of it

I had to go into a house in Horwich last year.The guy had died and the solicitors wanted it drained down, water ,elec + gas off etc.
The guy had been a hoarder , but all he seemed to hoard was metal.
There was every engineering tool you could imagine.Drills , box upon box of screws. Nuts , bolts, you name it. There was a passage about 6 inches wide to walk thru.This was just the downstairs rooms. It took me 4 hours of shifting stuff to get at the stoptap.
When i got upstairs it was as bad. But one thing that stunned me was that he had a metal turning lathe in the back bedroom. A fucking lathe.
The ceiling into the loft had been enlarged and some fire escape stairs fitted for access. In the loft was about 200 yards of cables for elevators. I suddenly became aware that an awful lot of weight was upstairs and got out ASAP.
Apparently it took nearly a month and 20 skips to shift it all.

Andy Dale said:
I had to go into a house in Horwich last year.The guy had died and the solicitors wanted it drained down, water ,elec + gas off etc.
The guy had been a hoarder , but all he seemed to hoard was metal.
There was every engineering tool you could imagine.Drills , box upon box of screws. Nuts , bolts, you name it. There was a passage about 6 inches wide to walk thru.This was just the downstairs rooms. It took me 4 hours of shifting stuff to get at the stoptap.
When i got upstairs it was as bad. But one thing that stunned me was that he had a metal turning lathe in the back bedroom. A fucking lathe.
The ceiling into the loft had been enlarged and some fire escape stairs fitted for access. In the loft was about 200 yards of cables for elevators. I suddenly became aware that an awful lot of weight was upstairs and got out ASAP.
Apparently it took nearly a month and 20 skips to shift it all.

I bet they made a fortune when they weighed it all in though.

Hi there,

I am a journalist currently writing a feature about hoarders and mental illness in Manchester, and was wondering if anybody knows anyone who would be available for interviewing for this piece?

Many thanks

journalistquestions said:
Hi there,

I am a journalist currently writing a feature about hoarders and mental illness in Manchester, and was wondering if anybody knows anyone who would be available for interviewing for this piece?

Many thanks

My mum became a bit of a hoarder and filled two bedrooms full of junk. Don't know about a link with mental illness - I always put it down to the fact that she did not deal with losing her mum too well. It has taken my old man nearly a year to clear the stuff out since she passed on.

IM NOT REALLY HERE said:
Anybody watched this?

I cannot believe people live this way.

The wife has this as her favourite programme!
There was one the other week, this woman's toilet was blocked but she just carried on shitting and shitting and a shit mountain over a foot high was on top of the bog!
She had a cat that lived in the bathroom..... for about 3 years.... when they came to clean it all up, the cat got out..... went to the edge of the garden / road - keeled over and died!!
The presenter said the fresh air gave him a heart attack!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.