Hodgson - Right or wrong?

He should not be getting involved. Terry has admitted to using the words 'black ****' to a black player in a premier league match. He is 100% guilty of using racist language, regardless of the context. Hodgson is obviously thick.

nehe11 said:
Hart of the matter said:
He has also made a veiled attack on City by implying that the likes of JR will be held back at clubs like City. Seems like his preference for players from lesser clubs such as Liverpool will continue.

PS also think that he should have kept his mouth shut about Terry. Perhaps his selection for the Euros was not based purely on footballing reasons after all.
Link?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/329/7990252/hodgson-rodwell-may-struggle" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sportinglife.com/football/ne ... y-struggle</a>

He goes on about the lack of English players in the Prem but completely fails to address the reason - which is not enough top quality youngsters coming through because of years of English football burying its head in the sand when it comes to coaching kids.

As England manager he should not comment on such matters or commenting on a players move to another club (Rodwell). I thought he would be an okay appointment when he got the job but after seeing his squad selections i now feel he is just a FA "yes" man. Looking at his record though, he does not tend to last long in any job so may not be around for long.

Teams managed
1976–1980 Halmstads BK
1980-1982 Bristol City (assistant manager)
1982 Bristol City
1982 IK Oddevold
1983–1984 Örebro SK
1985–1989 Malmö FF
1990–1992 Neuchâtel Xamax
1992–1995 Switzerland
1995–1997 Inter Milan
1997–1998 Blackburn Rovers
1999 Inter Milan (caretaker)
1999–2000 Grasshoppers
2000–2001 Copenhagen
2001 Udinese
2002–2004 United Arab Emirates
2004–2005 Viking
2006–2007 Finland
2007–2010 Fulham
2010–2011 Liverpool
2011–2012 West Bromwich Albion
2012– England

dannybcity said:
The former Fulham and Liverpool manager admitted he was not impressed by the atmosphere at Villa Park when Manchester City and Chelsea met in the Community Shield on Sunday, in comparison to what occurred in stadiums at London 2012.

Hodgson said: "I wouldn't mind a spotlight also focused on the crowd because I think one of the things that made the Olympic Games for Great Britain was the incredible support within the stadia where the events took place.

"Maybe we need to start looking not only on the field and off the field after the match, but maybe in the stadia itself.

"To be frank you can't compare the atmosphere and the way people behaved in the Olympic Stadium with the game I watched the day after, the Community Shield.

"It was a very different public at that game to the public our athletes performed in front of."

Roy Hodgson is a cock.

It was a very different game! The public can get behind Team GB 'cos we're not having MANUre rammed down the British throat every ten seconds! Although if FatBren mentions Paula Fucking Ratcliffe in another race she ain't in, I swear I'll . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

dannybcity said:
The former Fulham and Liverpool manager admitted he was not impressed by the atmosphere at Villa Park when Manchester City and Chelsea met in the Community Shield on Sunday, in comparison to what occurred in stadiums at London 2012.

Hodgson said: "I wouldn't mind a spotlight also focused on the crowd because I think one of the things that made the Olympic Games for Great Britain was the incredible support within the stadia where the events took place.

"Maybe we need to start looking not only on the field and off the field after the match, but maybe in the stadia itself.

"To be frank you can't compare the atmosphere and the way people behaved in the Olympic Stadium with the game I watched the day after, the Community Shield.

"It was a very different public at that game to the public our athletes performed in front of."

Roy Hodgson is a cock.

For someone who is supposedly intelligent he doesn't half speak some shit. What did he expect at the Community Shield, both sets of fans embracing each other and cheering for either side, just there to watch a rather marvellous game of football? Of course the Olympic crowd is different, the majority of people are all supporting the same team!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.