Holiday advice

Same scenario as Ric.I booked February for a holiday leaving July 27 paying £100 deposit.
Ignored the emails requesting further payment and checked online and holiday is still there.
Will not pay anything else until situation resolved.

Me and Mrs in same situation,and with TUI,should be going on 7 July to Greece,holiday cost £1730,we have paid £400,not paid a bean since,was due by 14 April,and if things were normal we'd have paid the £1300 in one hit,but I'm reluctant to do this really now.

I went on the app last night,and it said if we cancel,we would get £4.48 back,yea oreet,I'll take my chances I think,if we lose the £400 then so be it,but the holiday won't happen imo,so I'll see how it pans out.

Then to confuse matters more,there has just been a woman on BBC news saying everyone should pay up,as we will get it back,bollocks to that,I've already paid one establishment close to my heart some money for something I might not get this week,not getting nabbed twice !!

advice is correct.
Luckily we are still currently governed by EU law and it is an EU law that protects your money.
To be honest airlines and holiday companies are behaving with the brinkmanship they are just to frighten off people who are worried like you and pocket the deposits.

Agree with advice so far but want to add if they don’t cancel and the govt are not advising against travel when the date for your holiday comes you either go or lose the lot.
You will have no right to anything back just because you don’t fancy going.
That’s when your insurance would come in but you would have to have taken that out before 13 March

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.