Holiday advice

Got an email from Easyjet today confirming my £280 refund for 2 flights to Barcelona from end of May!!! It's not in bank yet but assume it will go in tomorrow. They did say when flight was cancelled it would take 8 weeks for refunds so true to their word even though it is shocking it has taken that long.

Edit Monday morning. Money has gone on bank.

Last edited:
Finally got my March holiday flight refund to my credit card, though they haven't yet told me, but the money is back on my card, I did it through a failure to provide services refund, I assume they will now take it up with the travel agent/airline (not that that is my problem.

Must say I'm surprised but delighted, as it was a fair bit of money.

I'm still out of pocket with easyjet (different trip that should have started this coming Saturday) but have accepted a voucher from them valid for a year, they cancelled the flight 2 days after I accepted the voucher, but there was the prospect they wouldn't, and I wasn't going to go.

I hope everyone gets success one way or another, it's hard on the travel companies, but it's a disaster for the many who are losing their jobs as a result of something beyond their control.

Finally got my March holiday flight refund to my credit card, though they haven't yet told me, but the money is back on my card, I did it through a failure to provide services refund, I assume they will now take it up with the travel agent/airline (not that that is my problem.

I'm still out of pocket with easyjet (different trip that should have started this coming Saturday) but have accepted a voucher from them valid for a year, they cancelled the flight 2 days after I accepted the voucher, but there was the prospect they wouldn't, and I wasn't going to go.

I hope everyone gets success one way or another, it's hard on the travel companies, but it's a disaster for the many who are losing their jobs as a result of something beyond their control.
What’s your understanding and experience of the easyJet situation? I’ve got some time tomorrow when I plan trying to speak to them about my flights to Portugal in August. The flights haven’t been cancelled yet, and I understand they leave it until 14 days before the flight until cancelling as they want you to change the flight. I can’t currently rebook them into August next year as those flights aren’t available on their site, but I don’t see any option for accepting a voucher on their website.

What’s your understanding and experience of the easyJet situation? I’ve got some time tomorrow when I plan trying to speak to them about my flights to Portugal in August. The flights haven’t been cancelled yet, and I understand they leave it until 14 days before the flight until cancelling as they want you to change the flight. I can’t currently rebook them into August next year as those flights aren’t available on their site, but I don’t see any option for accepting a voucher on their website.
The flight was due on 12/07, so they emailed me on 12/06 saying that flight was still going ahead, but they understood if I didn't want to fly, offering a voucher if I claimed it by 23/06. I waited to see if they would cancel, and when they hadn't by the 22/6, and I had no intention of flying, I claimed the voucher, then on 25/06 they emailed me to tell me the flight was indeed cancelled, and I could claim a refund, but I've left it as a voucher for now.

An update to this, my credit card have now been in touch to say they've temporarily refunded me the money while they seek further information from the travel agent, but depending on the information they receive from the agent, they may take the money again, but if I haven't heard anything by the 05/09 the money will stay refunded.

Be very interesting to see how you get on with this actually. We are due to fly to Majorca with Jet2 in early August and all the indications are (including from my sister's best friend who works for Jet2) that everything is gearing up to be back flying again in the next couple of weeks. Not sure on where we'd stand if we decided we didn't want to go.

You have to phone.
Good luck.

Be very interesting to see how you get on with this actually. We are due to fly to Majorca with Jet2 in early August and all the indications are (including from my sister's best friend who works for Jet2) that everything is gearing up to be back flying again in the next couple of weeks. Not sure on where we'd stand if we decided we didn't want to go.
If there are no restrictions and the plane flies you are screwed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.