Holiday in Abu Dhabi?

GoatersLeftShin

Team supported
MCFC
Were looking at booking our holidays for next year and a neighbour who's a City fan suggested Abu Dhabi! He was half joking as he wants to know what it's like.

Anyway, we had a look at the prices etc and it seems you can fly from Manchester with Etihad and get very impressive hotels and the prices are very good.

I must admit it's tempting, but I've never heard of anyone going. I like a few beers on holiday but nothing wild, just a few socials and wonder if they sell beers etc over there?

So, has anyone been and what's it like?

I’ve been and enjoyed a few days there , nicer than Dubai, but preferred my holiday in Oman much more to see and more traditional if you are spending more than a few days. From what I remember the only place to get alcohol was in some hotels but not all.

I'd avoid Ramadan as everywhere shuts down or places are "dimmed down". I Would also avoid June, July and August due to the heat.

Hotels are ace, beer isn't cheap and only served in hotel bars etc. Desert safari is good fun and visiting Yas Marina F1 track is decent. If you are looking for winter sun, then the place is great.

Wouldn't be the top of my list though and would choose other places in the world for a holiday.

Were looking at booking our holidays for next year and a neighbour who's a City fan suggested Abu Dhabi! He was half joking as he wants to know what it's like.

Anyway, we had a look at the prices etc and it seems you can fly from Manchester with Etihad and get very impressive hotels and the prices are very good.

I must admit it's tempting, but I've never heard of anyone going. I like a few beers on holiday but nothing wild, just a few socials and wonder if they sell beers etc over there?

So, has anyone been and what's it like?
We went a few years ago in May. It was already hot! Taxis we’re cheap. Beer was expensive. All pubs are attached to hotels. We stayed at the Yas Marina on the F1 track. Lovely hotel. Enjoyable week all told

I think the Middle East is the future certainly for all inclusive take the family type hols. Some of the deals my mate tells me about are amazing he and his very sexy breadknife go away there for 10 days a lot and its cheaper than a week on the piss in Benidorm

Been a couple of times to Abu Dhabi and Dubai both great locations, we stayed on Yas Island twice great place to stay with Ferrari World, Warner Bros world and Yas Mall. If you can always try to upgrade to a club room Well worth the money for the little extras. You won’t be disappointed in in Abu Dhabi

Cheers all!

It's a place I'd never even have thought about until my neighbour mentioned it. My wifes had a look for holidays in May and the prices for what you get are incredible, proper 5* hotels and not "Ice Lolly 5 *" either!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.