Holiday in Croatia?

Croatia doing a Blackpool and pricing itself out of the market?
Found Split very affordable. Great quality beer too.

I got a cab back from Hajduk Split’s club shop and the poor cabbie was trying to tell me things but his English was awful.

Went Dubrovnik a few years back

Wife lost half a finger when she went to sit on a chair, the chair was one of those metal chairs you see outside restaurants etc

They had not snapped it out right. As she shuffled the chair in it cut her finger off

Bad part was they don’t have insurance there

Even worse travel insurance only covers what they call limbs, so a full hand, arm, leg etc

Apart from that not too bad a place

Had a fortnight on the island of Brac a few years ago and i must admit i was slightly under awed by the place.
Tivat/Kotor Montenegro on the other hand was very nice.

Been several times over the last 10 years, Dubrovnik, Split, around Istria (Porec) and last year to Zagreb and the Plitivce Lakes (stunning UNESCO site). Loved all these trips and only had one forgettable holiday there which was to Njivice. Over time, I feel the country has been gradually losing some of its charm in its relentless pursuit of tourist money but that's probably the same as most places in this respect.

I went to Makarska last summer with my wife and teenage daughter, fantastic place and felt very safe I saw no police around at all. Lots of places to eat out or just chill for coffee. We walked in to the the town every night for dinner and to watch the street entertainment. Spent a day in Split and the island of Hvar.
Been there, and can concur its clean and friendly. I would go again but the wife didn't like the rude Ruskies

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.