Holiday suggestions for next year

Me and the wife went to Riga in Latvia, which was a very nice (cheap) city holiday. Despite being in pure soviet-country it's very clean and civilized. Bars are generally open until last guest leaves, some only close for 1h to clean! Beers are usually £1 or less. 20 fags can be as little as 30p (50p for American brands). 3 course dinner at a very nice restaurant including drinks are usually £15 or less.
Ryan Air has direct flights from UK to Riga as well so that can be very cheap.

Just a cheap little suggestion for you :) Cool place to go. Also make sure to try Black Riga Balsam if you go. It's a drink with the same chemicals as Absinthe, but even more wicked!

Blackpool? alto you'd prob need more than 2grand....

Im giving a holiday a miss this year. Going on a family holiday to disney land florida next year with the bird and kid and then a lads holiday to las vegas in september for a mates 30th, cant fooking wait!!

We did Thailand a few years ago and I loved it, a week in Koh Samui which is a beautiful island in the south, 4 days in Bangkok (just a truly mental place) and then 5 days in Chaing Mai which is in the north.
I liked it because its a bit outside my comfort zone, the Thai's are a really nice polite race and the hotels in Bangkok are very cheap for the standard of accommodation.
I loved the food which is ridiculously cheap, the beer is good and the shopping is excellent!
Stay away from the go go bar towns which are just awful (unless your into that kinda stuff?)
Do not drive or hire a motorcycle! Just get tuc tucs everywhere they cost nothing. Barter the price of everything its great fun!
They love premier league footy, if you wear a City top you will get hounded to talk football with just about everyone.
I'm guessing you could probably get a package deal, but we just booked flights and found the accommodation when we got there (Bartering skills can get you a very good deal)
We went near Xmas time so the flights were quite dear (£575 via Istanbul) Internal connections around £90.
We will definitely be going back!

How about a cruise ? Probably get a week somewhere on your budget . Austria is beautiful , some lovely lake resorts not far from Klagenfurt. If I were you I would look for a cheap flight and then book accommodation on expedia or the web, lots of great cities to visit and if you don't mind driving , you could visit a few in a week or two , and that would be a different holiday although the Euro is rubbish and it is very expensive anywhere in Europe . I flew to Vienna , stayed in Hungary ( very cheap) . Cheap flight to Venice , a few days by the beach in lido di jesolo , best of both worlds . Germany is lovely too and that wouldn't cost much , could take in the passion play at Oberammergau .

Thanks for the ideas fellas will definitely be looking for something like these,might do Austria/Germany.
Thailand might be good or is it a beach holiday just further away?
Could do the Riga trip but maybe just a few days there.
I do fancy Budapest ,anyone been,and Venice.

Depends on budget, but if you're looking at Europe then with the Euro as it is, it makes it expensive once you're there. Friend of mine has got around this by booking a holiday to Turkey. Not my cup of tea and I wouldn't go to Turkey if you paid me, but if you just want sun beach and value then it's an option.

snip said:
Thanks for the ideas fellas will definitely be looking for something like these,might do Austria/Germany.
Thailand might be good or is it a beach holiday just further away?
Could do the Riga trip but maybe just a few days there.
I do fancy Budapest ,anyone been,and Venice.

Thailand can be a beach holiday if you want a bit of that (Koh Samui) But it can be very different with its culture and history, I found it very diverse and exciting!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.