Covid and travel discussion

When the chips are down humans will undoubtably resort to saving themselves hence the ‘ fuck international travel ‘ brigade out in force . As long as you don’t lose your job eh
I think a fair few of the let's not import multiple strains of covid brigade will be chipping in too. But let's not worry about those if it keeps some folk from losing their job eh.

I've just booked a holiday for next year so hope we are back to normal for then.

Even at half price three pcp tests for two would be circa £360 and god help the family of four. I cannot for the life of me see how a three test rule will encourage holidaymakers back as it's just cost prohibitive. And what happens 72 hours before you travel home if you test positive and who will pay the quarantine costs.

Greece are biting at the bit to get our trade and Malta are giving away free hotel nights like there's no tomorrow, but the fact of the matter remains that the fiscal will have an overriding effect on holidays booked. Covid passports my arse and this will not help the tourism industry one bit.

I think June will be the tipping point for reducing travel hassle. In 2 months time, a lot of countries vaccination programs will be in good shape, and that should start hitting the daily infections and hospitalisations.
Countries will be receiving vaccinated tourists with open arms, and the UK will be allowing return only rapid testing.

Would be good if these new charges would be a get out clause for those wanting to cancel holidays and not lose deposits.
Doubtful though.

Yeah I really do sympathise with people who either amended from last summer to this summer or booked something ages ago for travel this summer. Little did we know how disruptive summer 2021 was going to be.
You got the opportunity to amend it to a later date? That might be about the best outcome you can hope for, depending on how/who it was booked with.

I've got flights to Palermo this July with BA; booked them during a Black Friday promo back in November (was gonna treat my Dad to a short break away). Hindsight is a beautiful thing but I'd never have booked them if I'd known we'd still be like this.
Hoping BA cancel them but if they don't then I can get a voucher for the full value (and they were quite cheap anyway) so it's all good.
Sadly 3 nights in Italy would be a false economy given all the testing costs!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.