Covid and travel discussion

I notice the Spanish Foreign Minister is on the BBC now and has pointed out how they are managing the situation and are preparing for a summer that is looking "better than last year, if we precede with caution".

If you take a look at the Worldometer Coronavirus figures for Europe, it's clear that out of the major countries, Spain is the one that is most in sync with the UK (7-day average = 3108 cases). The "government virus experts" seems to be ignoring this fact when they talk about incidences of the virus being high in Europe. I'll leave you all to draw your own conclusions.

I dont really understand the big debate about it all, whether you are for or against holidays this year it doesn't really matter as we don't get a say in it. I suspect it will be similar to last year but with increased testing and I think after the "influencer" Dubai nonsense in December more people will take the chance if it comes up this year.

I really can't see them throwing an entire industry under the bus like that, but lets see on April 12th. More than happy to stay in the UK if that's what the experts say is required.
Here's my prediction (not based on anything other than gut feel and what happened last year):-

April 12th = It's too early to say whether we'll allow people to travel, but we are currently looking at how a vaccine passport might work. We are speaking to other countries etc.
May 17th = The infection rates are to high and the vaccination rate are too low to allow people to travel yet.
Mid-June = We are discussing travel corridors with certain countries
July 1st = Foreign travel authorised with countries on a "green list"

Travelled to tenerife last Oct/Nov and if possible will aim to do so again this year. All dependent on airlines and governments I guess but once there i felt safer in tenerife than I did catching a train to Gatwick and overnight hotel.

We should be going to Ireland in July and Alicante in October, i think Ireland will be cancelled but hoping we can go to Alicante. We have booked Whitley Bay in July as a back up to Ireland.

We should be going to Ireland in July and Alicante in October, i think Ireland will be cancelled but hoping we can go to Alicante. We have booked Whitley Bay in July as a back up to Ireland.
When you eventually get to Alicante visit Santa Pola lovely little place we always stay there when we fly to Alicante,also a trip to Elche is recommended train or bus 30 minutes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.