Covid and travel discussion

We got back from 10 days in Croatia on Sunday. All very hassle free and glad we went for it now.

We’ve done our day 2 PCR test with Randox and dropped it off at a Pharmacy in Flixton. It’s a bit of a hassle with all the tests but the benefit of the holiday far, far outweighs all that.

Has anyone used Chronomics for fit to fly? Ordered tests last week but they reckon they wont be dispatched till today, hope they're sending them first class

Has anyone used Chronomics for fit to fly? Ordered tests last week but they reckon they wont be dispatched till today, hope they're sending them first class

Yes, arrived on time, we’re very good when using with good communication as I had an issue with my picture uploading

Reactions: ell
Canada is now on the green list so I'm hoping to come back for Christmas. If I'm understanding this correctly, to come to England from a green list country I must:

- Get tested in Canada 48 hours before I leave, and show it on arrival to UK airport
- Bring my vaccination record/proof
- Get tested again on Day 2 in England (I arrive xmas eve, so that will be Boxing Day)
- Get tested a third time, two days before I return to Canada (Canadian requirement)

Is that right? Both the UK and Canadian government website guides are a little confusing.

Canada is now on the green list so I'm hoping to come back for Christmas. If I'm understanding this correctly, to come to England from a green list country I must:

- Get tested in Canada 48 hours before I leave, and show it on arrival to UK airport
- Get tested again on Day 2 in England (I arrive xmas eve, so that will be Boxing Day)
- Get tested a third time, two days before I return to Canada (Canadian requirement)

Is that right? Both the UK and Canadian government website guides are a little confusing.
I'm traveling in a few weeks from the US, and that sounds right to me except that I have 72 hours before I travel to get my pre flight test. Do you know if you will have connecting flights thru another country?

the day 2 test does not have to be taken on day 2, it can be taken at any point from your arrival up to and including day 2.

Just returned from Spain today after an amazing 16-night holiday (was 14 nights but we were enjoying it so much, we extended the stay).

The hotel we were staying in took Covid measures seriously so in addition to wearing mask indoors, we were wearing them when taking part in the organised activities as well (pool, pistol shooting, table tennis, shuffleboard etc). Didn't bother me one bit as we felt a lot safer than back home. One of the staff was telling me that they have not had any covid outbreaks this summer which is pretty good going for a hotel of it's size.

Anyway, next up a 3-night stay at Disneyland Paris in a couple of weeks - get some decent trips and memories in before the inevitable restrictions this autumn/winter.
Hopefully this time next week I'll be in Torremolinos.
Do you have to wear a mask or is a visor acceptable?
With my glasses I will be bumping into everyone if having to wear a mask lol

Hopefully this time next week I'll be in Torremolinos.
Do you have to wear a mask or is a visor acceptable?
With my glasses I will be bumping into everyone if having to wear a mask lol
Don’t know whether a visor is acceptable to be honest. Hope you have a good time anyway.

What I meant to add was that whilst mask wearing was pretty good in Spain, there were plenty of tossers on the return flight who suddenly thought all the rules didn’t apply to them. That was the most worrying aspect of the whole holiday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.