Home games

arthur said:
de niro said:
we battered them, on another day we would have 6.

Do you know how many times Everton fans have said that after games this season ? Everton have dominated virtually every game they've played in this season averaging 15 attempts on target per game yet scoring only 1 on average . The refs such as Lee Mason , Martin Atkinson and Howard Webb have been atrocious . I sgree Walton is awful , he's too old and unfit to ref at this level but he made bad decisions for both teams .
The point is , for our failures this season , we have not blamed the opposition ,some of whom are brutal to put it mildly , Pienaar is the most fouled player in the league . Maybe if some of you took a step back and looked at Mancini's tactics , Balotelli's indifference , your defence letting Cahill walk all over you again and not trying to tie Baines up by using Johnson (fantastic player) , from the start. ... Finally , as much as you understandably hate Neville , he's a fantastic captain ... What did yours do ?

You're right in everything you said there apart from that Adam Johnson being a fantastic player. He's okay, should be much better for his age and realistically isn't going to get any faster and really at 23 not much better! He's weak, he doesn't help out the full back and his decision making is Championship standard still! I don't know how every fan of other club who comes on here have been swept up In the media bullshit aboutthis player!

As for our captain, you're spot on! What a joke of a captain! Tevez pointed and said "hey" about three times, what that about Carlos?! If a Roy Keane captained United had a team appallingly wasting time at Old Trafford and constantly fouling all bastard game; Keane would be in the refs face saying "if you don't fuckin sort this out, ref, I fuckin will!" and he would not have hesitated to give Cahill/Fallaini a taste of their own medicine with an elbow or a two-footed challenge (both of them players should have been sent off on Monday - appalling!). Carlos pointed at situations and said "hey!". Do me a favour!
That applies to all great captains over the years, Souness Robson even Terry!

Since February of last season, our home record is

W 7 D 4 L 5 - Pretty average stuff, although admittedly this run includes United (x2), Chelsea, Liverpool (x2), Everton (x2), Tottenham and Arsenal, meaning we only have Tottenham left this year who you would worry about.

However, this season our goals at home tally is an embarrassing 9 from 9 games, including two penalties and one own goal. This is not down to the referee, de Niro, no matter how much you console yourself that it is. It's down to a basic lack of finishing and an inability to create a good quota of decent chances.

We had 25 shots against Everton, 12 against Bolton, 23 against Birmingham and 21 against Blackburn. We had 5 against Chelsea.

This all goes to show that shots on goal stats are bollocks.

Now, remember those games. Against Bolton we created a number of quality chances and could have scored a lot more. Against Everton, Birmingham and Blackburn, 95% of those shots were pot shots that were blocked by the defender 20 yards from goal. We can all have them.

Those stats tell me that when teams park the bus in front of the goal, we cannot find a way through them so have to resort to trying our luck from anywhere. We haven't got enough creativity and we haven't got someone who gets on the end of things in the box.

It is a problem, it's real and it needs addressing in January.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
We are top of the away league and 10th at home.

We take too many shots from distance-AJ and Kolorov being the guilty parties( Have we scored any goals this season from more than 20 yards out??)

Tevez spends too much time outside the box and out of danger areas

We start too slowly.

Our corners are dreadful

Our crosses are awful.

I'd go along with that. Hopefully our Manager and Coaches understand this and are doing whatever they can to improve the situation.

I'd love to see us batter someone at home. Anyone 5-0. It might be the spark needed to go unbeaten at The COMS for the rest of the season.

DD said:
Now, remember those games. Against Bolton we created a number of quality chances and could have scored a lot more. Against Everton, Birmingham and Blackburn, 95% of those shots were pot shots that were blocked by the defender 20 yards from goal. We can all have them.

Those stats tell me that when teams park the bus in front of the goal, we cannot find a way through them so have to resort to trying our luck from anywhere. We haven't got enough creativity and we haven't got someone who gets on the end of things in the box.

It is a problem, it's real and it needs addressing in January.

This 100%.

Some are saying that the premier league is getting better. I am not convinced. My view is that its the top teams getting worse. Chelsea dont have the same squad strength,United dont have the same squad quality and Arsenal have have hardly strengthened a defence that was weak in the first place.

We on the other hand, have strengthened to the tune of £100m, Have 22 International standard players in our squad and yet we still seem to be lacking something. Our form is much the same as it was last year. On points alone we are on track to get somewhere between 64 and 70 if we continue with the same form.

Birmingham, Wolves, Everton, Blackburn are certainly no better than they were last year and we have taken 2 points from those games, 3 of which were at home!

DD said:
Since February of last season, our home record is

W 7 D 4 L 5 - Pretty average stuff, although admittedly this run includes United (x2), Chelsea, Liverpool (x2), Everton (x2), Tottenham and Arsenal, meaning we only have Tottenham left this year who you would worry about.

However, this season our goals at home tally is an embarrassing 9 from 9 games, including two penalties and one own goal. This is not down to the referee, de Niro, no matter how much you console yourself that it is. It's down to a basic lack of finishing and an inability to create a good quota of decent chances.

We had 25 shots against Everton, 12 against Bolton, 23 against Birmingham and 21 against Blackburn. We had 5 against Chelsea.

This all goes to show that shots on goal stats are bollocks.

Shots on goal stats are what they are...shots on goal...shots in the goal are the ones that count but i would be a lot more worried if there were no shots on goal stats at all...they'll start to go in soon...just watch.

I think everyone has identified the problem.

Linking the threads, we have had some tough home games and now have a run against weaker teams. These teams will park the bus and if/when we sign a new striker in January, he should be able to force open these defences. Dzecko's strength or Torres's ability should be the key to pick these locks.

ono said:
We just need a big striker so we become a threat when the ball is tossed into the box, and we probably need a midfielder who is similar to Silva. Nimble, quick with his head and feet, with good movement.

That's probably all we are missing from becoming a proper title challenger.

We need to spread the fear of shit into teams. We play such a ponderously slow game that it allows even crap teams to organise and reorganise. But the pitbulls from St. Domingo's never give yer a minute on the ball. They double up and triple up and generally negate the idea that football is the beautiful game. Didn't someone say once or twice that we have to get cuter? That might be the answer.

But a 6ft 14in brick cessbuilding, putting it about a bit, much like Niggly Roo and Kevin from The Trotters' Arms - can only result in a couple of goals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.