Home Grown Talent Ruling

D.Siddall1989

whosonthebench - True Hero. Buenos Aires. I hate
Is anybody else slightly worried about the ruling the premier league clubs have agreed to? I'm more than happy with all the much needed signing we're making.

Worryingly I feel like i'm hearing less and less about first team opportunities for the youth players...

Hopefully someone will correct me but i get the feeling this will come to bite us in the arse in a few years time. We have some VERY good youth players (guidetti being one) on the fringes and a few played pre-season which was good to see and I was hoping this would lead onto something more concrete. I know its early days yet but i just don't want City to go spending big in every transfer market when we may potentially have the same player right under our noses!

First thread post so please go easy on me!!!

The club knows it, that's why we have people like Razak , Suarez, Wabara, Assulin and others ;all have a fair chance to become first team players.

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~2094341,00.html
home grown player is defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Welsh Football Association for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

For the purposes of this rule, the season is deemed to run from the date the first transfer window closes until the final match of the campaign.

Under this rule if my understanding is correct AJ is home grown even though we bought him as is Milner and Barry

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
home grown player is defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Welsh Football Association for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

For the purposes of this rule, the season is deemed to run from the date the first transfer window closes until the final match of the campaign.

Under this rule if my understanding is correct AJ is home grown even though we bought him as is Milner and Barry
Also Richards, Lescott and Joey Hart.

Bluemoonbaldboy said:

Thats good then, as will hart next year?

It wasn't just the ruling i was worried about, the lack of first team action too

Hart (HG), Pantilimon, Taylor(HG)

Boyata(HG), Kolarov, Kompany, Clichy (HG), Lescott (HG), Savic, Richards (HG), K Toure, Zabaleta.

Barry (HG), Ibrahim (HG), Johnson (HG), De Jong, Milner (HG), Razak, Silva, Y Toure, Wright-Phillips (HG), Nasri.

Balotelli, Dzeko, Aguero, Tchuimeni-Nimely, Tevez.

There's our likely squad for the new league, 11 home grown players in there. It is a shame that some of our youngsters (The ones too old to play in the next-gen tournament) are being left out. Looking at Weiss' twitter, however, stops me feeling sorry for him.

Dom38 said:

Boyata(HG), Kolarov, Kompany, Clichy (HG), Lescott (HG), Savic, Richards (HG), K Toure, Zabaleta.

Barry (HG), Ibrahim (HG), Johnson (HG), De Jong, Milner (HG), Razak, Silva, Y Toure, Wright-Phillips (HG), Nasri.

There's our likely squad for the new league, 11 home grown players in there. It is a shame that some of our youngsters (The ones too old to play in the next-gen tournament) are being left out. Looking at Weiss' twitter, however, stops me feeling sorry for him.
Whats he saying? I had no idea he was a woman?

I'd love to see us end up like barca. Its like they have a conveyor belt of quality youth players

Dom38 said:

Indeed total consumed by Rangers. Ally didn't want him probably because of that sectarian rant he did on twitter...and to quote Vladi that may well be a "true story"

D.Siddall1989 said:
Dom38 said:

I'd love to see us end up like barca. Its like they have a conveyor belt of quality youth players

maybe my last session at man city.... Emotional.... Rangers forever!!!! <a class="postlink" href="http://lockerz.com/s/131911656" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://lockerz.com/s/131911656</a>

And similar stuff.

Dom38 said:
D.Siddall1989 said:
Dom38 said:

maybe my last session at man city.... Emotional.... Rangers forever!!!! <a class="postlink" href="http://lockerz.com/s/131911656" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://lockerz.com/s/131911656</a>

And similar stuff.

Could do with less of that...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.