Homebrew cider

Cal

Living in the West Country and all that, we've decided to make some ciderrrrr. This could be tricky, as we've only got the basic ingredients. A fuckload of apples.

I'm gonna scour around the web and find info etc, but just wondered if anyone has any experience in homebrew cider, or any other alcohol for that matter?

Make Turbo cider. All you need is smart price apple juice from Asda, some cider yeast and a Demi john with air lock (a 5 litre water bottle will do.) mix yeast and juice in demi John leave for a week to ferment, then bottle. Leave for another week then you can drink it. It turns out about 6% vol. Google turbo cider for more info.

manc73 said:
Make Turbo cider. All you need is smart price apple juice from Asda, some cider yeast and a Demi john with air lock (a 5 litre water bottle will do.) mix yeast and juice in demi John leave for a week to ferment, then bottle. Leave for another week then you can drink it. It turns out about 6% vol. Google turbo cider for more info.

Hell fire M73, go on lad.

manc73 said:

Plus you can get your accompanying brown wrap-around bag from Staples - £5 for 100!

manc73 said:
What a guy...fucking great post!!!...get in!!!

Make the strangeways brew

Oranges, apples, cig dimps, toe nails and toilet water. Add a handful of frazzles for a Bacon flavour and leave it next to a hot water pipe for 2 days. Neck it down with a sly sniff of bio carb and talcum powder for that authentic Friday night in sankys feeling.

nice one Manc73

I predict several threads in the future along the lines of:
"turbo cider is bloody strong"
"I went blind after making my first batch of turbo-cider"
"turbo cider gave me the shits"

I'll be giving this a go myself

crizack said:
Make the strangeways brew

Oranges, apples, cig dimps, toe nails and toilet water. Add a handful of frazzles for a Bacon flavour and leave it next to a hot water pipe for 2 days. Neck it down with a sly sniff of bio carb and talcum powder for that authentic Friday night in sankys feeling.

pmsl, what were you in for ?

Cal said:
Living in the West Country and all that, we've decided to make some ciderrrrr. This could be tricky, as we've only got the basic ingredients. A fuckload of apples.

I'm gonna scour around the web and find info etc, but just wondered if anyone has any experience in homebrew cider, or any other alcohol for that matter?

We're trying this for the first time. We've got 2 demijohns full of cider fermenting away at the mo'. We used a blender & a stocking to get our juice.
Cut up the apples, shove them in the blender, put the pulpy juice into a stocking & squeeze as much as you can (this takes some time for the amount of apples needed).
We left one demijohn to ferment the natural way & put a campden tablet then yeast into the second one. It's looking good so far. If it all works out we'll be doing it all again next year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.