Honeymoon period over.

paphos-mcfc

We got beat, no big deal, we're still joint 4th. Mancini will have learned from this. The only kick in the gonads is Petrov and RSC will be out I reckon for a few weeks.

We've got some easier games coming up ( and the rags :-) ) and we should have vierra and Ireland back with us. I think things can only get better from here on. I'm sure other pesimistic blues will disagree. Mancini out :-)

paphos-mcfc said:
We got beat, no big deal, we're still joint 4th. Mancini will have learned from this. The only kick in the gonads is Petrov and RSC will be out I reckon for a few weeks.

We've got some easier games coming up ( and the rags :-) ) and we should have vierra and Ireland back with us. I think things can only get better from here on. I'm sure other pesimistic blues will disagree. Mancini out :-)

I dont mind getting beat - any team can get beat by another in this league - but the manner of the defeat was appaling and worse still to the fookin blue bin dippers just made it even worse

paphos-mcfc said:

Spot on, too many footie fans these days are fickle and claim a crisis after one defeat. Yes, I thought we outplayed you today and deserved our win, but you're still in a fantastic position and you were never going to turn into title challengers overnight. The time to worry is 2 years down the line if your still not challenging......

I must admit to being very concerned going to the game today about getting turned over, which just goes to show the progress you have made over the last 18 months or so.

RoyalBlue77 said:
paphos-mcfc said:

Spot on, too many footie fans these days are fickle and claim a crisis after one defeat. Yes, I thought we outplayed you today and deserved our win, but you're still in a fantastic position and you were never going to turn into title challengers overnight. The time to worry is 2 years down the line if your still not challenging......

I must admit to being very concerned going to the game today about getting turned over, which just goes to show the progress you have made over the last 18 months or so.

You outplayed us m8. Regardless of the decisions against us.

the only good thing is bobby has probably learned a lot today, it was actually a carbon copy of the defeat at spuds, i don,t think anyone individual could be the main problem today, but for our goalkeeper it could have been a lot worse?

RoyalBlue77 said:
paphos-mcfc said:

Everton's return to form coincides with injured players returning. And today the shoe was on the other foot. When you go away to the top teams, you need your best players, and with respect to Everton, your powerful players. We had lightweights out there

Credit to EFC. Outplayed us. And I can see you winning something this season

RoyalBlue77 said:
paphos-mcfc said:

Crises after one defeat? Well I can hardly blame them, what City showed today was some of the worst football I have seen in years, and that is saying something, because hughes gave us plenty of horrible performances. I would rather attack our silly, we are so fucking good and can claim the title mentality after winning a few VERY EASY matches.

The fact is, we won 5 very easy matches, that most teams in the pl would be capable off, we we're outclassed by every single word in the book by EVERTON?! If that's not a reason to raise an eyebrow I don't know what is. It's never acceptable for a top four team to lose this badly, or even lose at all away to Everton, no offence to everton.

i think today proved we miss our full side.

And for anyone who dismissed Vieira as a poor signing, he's exactly what was needed to today. Barry appears to have very little character or backbone, the side needed leadership.

I think some players need reminding that their place in the squad isnt a 'given' and they can be easily replaced. Especially the likes of petrov who's contract is finished at the end of the season.

With Adebayor, toure, nedum, ireland, vieira, bridge and swp all returning at some point, changes are bound to happen , and the lads today did themselves no favours with a lacklustre and tired performance!

But some posters want magic in a month!

BlueSinclair said:
RoyalBlue77 said:

Crises after one defeat? Well I can hardly blame them, what City showed today was some of the worst football I have seen in years, and that is saying something, because hughes gave us plenty of horrible performances. I would rather attack our silly, we are so fucking good and can claim the title mentality after winning a few VERY EASY matches.

The fact is, we won 5 very easy matches, that most teams in the pl would be capable off, we we're outclassed by every single word in the book by EVERTON?! If that's not a reason to raise an eyebrow I don't know what is. It's never acceptable for a top four team to lose this badly, or even lose at all away to Everton, no offence to everton.

Most teams would be capable of beating Sunderland, Stoke, Wolves and Blackburn? Ridiculous, otherwise these teams would all be bottom of the league with hardly any points.

Going away to Everton is always difficult, even more so for us given our recent history with them. they were well up for the game today and have beaten some very good sides at Goodison in the last few years.

Plus we saw a fantastic performance from Fellaini, who out-fought, out-tackled, out-passed, out-skilled (Bellamy) and out-classed our midfield.

dctid said:
paphos-mcfc said:

I dont mind getting beat - any team can get beat by another in this league - but the manner of the defeat was appaling and worse still to the fookin blue bin dippers just made it even worse

I am reserving judgement on this until after Tuesday's game. Only then will we see whether or not today's lacklustre performance was an energy saving, injury avoiding load of old bollocks or just a plain and simply couldn't be arsed load of old bollocks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.