Honeymoon period over.

paphos-mcfc said:
We got beat, no big deal, we're still joint 4th. Mancini will have learned from this. The only kick in the gonads is Petrov and RSC will be out I reckon for a few weeks.

We've got some easier games coming up ( and the rags :-) ) and we should have vierra and Ireland back with us. I think things can only get better from here on. I'm sure other pesimistic blues will disagree. Mancini out :-)

Best way of looking at it.
Everton played out of their skins today and would have given any team a problem. They did to us what we did to Chelsea - constant pressure and allowing none of our midfielders any time at all on the ball. They worked hard and then some. City were outfought. Simple as that.

I'm not actually that bothered about RSC being out, but Petrov is a blow.

We may have had an eye on the rags game, though I doubt it, we simply lost to a Everton team which was highly motivated and felt they had a point to prove, they were simply the better team on the day.

of course the honeymoon is over. now the real work begins.

yes there were similarities in the performance at spurs, but also many differences in the situation.

1. how many players were missing for spurs? how many now? RSC going off after 5 wasn't a great start.

2. at spurs we needed a result to keep us on track after a frustrating run. whilst it was gutting to lose this in such a poor fashion, no real damage has been done to our campaign. let's not even contemplate a repeat performance on thursday.

today just makes it 9 points out of 12, an average of 2.25 per game so far under mancini, with 4 league games against portsmouth, hull, bolton, stoke, before we play liverpool and tottenham. if he keeps us at 2 points per game, or better, til the end of the season he will have done his job admirably.

Their never was a honeymoon in the first place,i've been puzzled by the reaction of a lot of people to him,he has already stated he needs time & he ain't a magician.
His choice of team was poor & the playuers put in a poor performance & i fear Bellers could be a late casualty for us.
It's just one game & we have a good few easy ones coming up:) so we should get back on track & this result will be forgotten.
It was shite & that's the bottom line.

ive watched all the games very carefully under mancini and unlike some ive not been that impressed with certain things

to his credit he has improved the defensive side of our game...in that there is no doubt....even yesterday it took a dubious free kick and an even more dubious penalty to beat us and yes they hit the bar but the only way they had of pressurising us was constantly putting in high balls (which we all know is our main weakness)

however my main concern right from the very first game of mancinis has been what he has done to us as an attacking side. He has had a lot of bad luc with injuries, and ade's situation but even in the 4-1 over blackburn we seem to have lost our dynamic going forward.....petrov on the right for one thing ios a poor tactical decision ( and when the full squad is back together this guy should be nowhere near the team...for those criticising robinho....pls take a look at petrov....he has no interest whatsoever!!!)
bellamy certainly isnt playing as well as he was under MH.

I only hope that our poor attacking displays are more down to missing personnel (Swp ireland, ade) than the managers tactics but i fear it isnt!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.