Hong Kong tips

lostmyhouseski

hey fellow blues a few months ago i asked where to stay in honkersand got heaps of replies- well we are off on thursday for 2 weeks so wanted to ask those same people for some inside info on where to go and what to see & what to avoid!

suggestions on bars, eateries, where and where not to shop are all welcome!

ps- will there be any bars showing our friendly v inter on saturday?

Are you staying in Kowloon or Hong Kong Island.
There are lots of places that show football.
Delaneys have a couple of places.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.delaneys.com.hk/index.php?option=com_eventlist&view=eventlist&month_select=-1&current_month=8&current_year=2010&Itemid=4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.delaneys.com.hk/index.php?op ... 0&Itemid=4</a>

I am an exiled blue living in Hong Kong. You wont find anywhere showing the friendly games unfortunately as it needs to be televised on the cable channels and they are still running last years La Liga and the dutch league.
Where to go and what to do depends on where you are staying, if it is the tourist hotels round TST East (Mody Road) then prepared to be ripped off. 70 bucks (6 quid) a pint plus 10% service charge.
Its also ridiculously warm at the moment, humidity at 90% so being inside helps a lot!

As far as eating and shopping goes, if your in Kowloon then jump on the MTR and go to idiot Kok, some great places to eat, around Temple St and the Ladies Market. Plenty of snide Rolex and designer clothes !!

idiot Kok is an experience you have to do but its an absolute nightmare in the heat, unbelievably busy and you get mithered from the minute you are off the MTR until you leave. It is a must do though for the fake watches, hangbags DVD's etc.
Central is the main place for the bars and restaurants and you can eat and drink pretty much anything at any time of the day. Elgin Street is a huge street full of restaurants and then its just a short walk down to Lan Kwai Fong which is the main nightlife.
However, if you are in HK for a while, its worth trying to get out of the City. I live about 22km outside in a place called Sai Kung which is basically a beach resort with a fair number of western and chinese bars and restaurants at much more 'local' prices.
Its dear over here though no matter what you do, if it wasnt for the 15% tax i dont think anyone could afford to live here!

Hey Stonejo
My lad used to go to Sai Kung for the beaches . He was at Uni in Hong Kong in 2005. Lived in Kowloon Tong at the time . He is now just over the border in Guangzhou.
We have been out to visit him on a number of occasions. Will be back out this November.
He will be coming into Hong Kong to see us , we are not bothering going into China this time.

Having 4 days in Dubai on the way out as well , just to make it more interesting

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.