Hopes for the rest of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I’m going to try to be positive & forward thinking.

what would you like to see happen now ?

In my opinion -

league is over so that pressure has gone.
I’m not convinced we can beat Utd with their style in cup. :-(
No way this team can win champs league
FA cup possibly.

I would rather see some plan taking shape for next season. Let’s secure top 3 & build for next season with 1 or 2 new players in January or kids brought in inc foden.

The biggest issue is Pep staying or going. If he’s going I’d rather the club let it happen now let’s not wait for the summer. With his body language & Arteta gone I don’t think it looks good. I’d be gutted if pep goes.

we need to see something happen now be it kids or signings in January this team is too old & slow that’s the biggest issue not injuries.

thoughts ?
That’s not positive or forward thinking.

I've said as much at least 832 times tonight but been told I'm wrong because he's too old.
I'll mention it 833 times. Fernandinho is not too old to play as our no/1 DM this season. He's he's our tried and trusted propshaft that links defence to attack so well. We've missed him in his natural position. Rodri will eventually succeed him but Fern is still top dog I think.

I'm usually very optimistic but I don't see any chance of us winning the champions League. Even if we somehow beat Real Madrid, and I don't think that will happen with our terrible defense, the next round will come Barcelona, Juventus, Bayern or Liverpool and dismantle us. Something could have been done if we were ready to sign a player in January but Pep claims that is not going to happen. So my expectation is second place, and one or two cups.

I think the biggest problem we have at the moment is Pep.

He looks burned out, and disinterested.

The longer this continues the more i think it will impact our season.I know his wife has returned to Spain I wonder if this has had a negative mental impact on him.

If we make no moves in January for players.Then in my opinion everything is up for review at the end of this season including Pep.

Maybe some fans are happy with Pep offering to sign a rolling contract.Maybe our owners will want a longer term commitment from Pep before starting the much needed major squad overhaul.Maybe Pep wont give them that,instead only offering an extra 12 months but still wanting to oversee huge spending on the squad.

We are now one of the biggest teams in the World.We can not risk financing a huge spending spree on a manager who might walk out in 12 months.

Hence why i think this January will pass without event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.