Hopes for the season

May I ask, why are you slightly more than half a Pi?

Or is there some other reason for your username?
It’s the Golden Ratio. My favourite number. Like Pi it’s an irrational transcendental number. It has the Greek letter phi (
33ee699558d09cf9d653f6351f9fda0b2f4aaa3e
or
72b1f30316670aee6270a28334bdf4f5072cdde4
)
It defines perfect/average proportion and “beauty” in many systems particularly biological. Even in money markets allegedly, which is up your street.

As an example, from the human body if you measure your height and divide it by the height of your navel (the true centre of your body) then the closer you are to it then the more perfectly proportioned you are. Anything over that and that then you have relatively short legs and vice versa...

If you reverse the ratio calculation navel/full height then you’ll get 0.618034...

But there’s lots of similar proportions all overthw body like the position of the eyes in the head lengths of bones in arms, legs, hand etc... FTR I’m very close ;-)

Used by davinci and others in art and design...
Look it up. It blew my mind when I found out about it and when I signed up it was the first thing I thought of and I’ve rounded it to 6dp because well, no-one’s perfect

It’s the Golden Ratio. My favourite number. Like Pi it’s an irrational transcendental number. It has the Greek letter phi (
33ee699558d09cf9d653f6351f9fda0b2f4aaa3e
or
72b1f30316670aee6270a28334bdf4f5072cdde4
)
It defines perfect/average proportion and “beauty” in many systems particularly biological. Even in money markets allegedly, which is up your street.

As an example, from the human body if you measure your height and divide it by the height of your navel (the true centre of your body) then the closer you are to it then the more perfectly proportioned you are. Anything over that and that then you have relatively short legs and vice versa...

If you reverse the ratio calculation navel/full height then you’ll get 0.618034...

But there’s lots of similar proportions all overthw body like the position of the eyes in the head lengths of bones in arms, legs, hand etc... FTR I’m very close ;-)

Used by davinci and others in art and design...
Look it up. It blew my mind when I found out about it and when I signed up it was the first thing I thought of and I’ve rounded it to 6dp because well, no-one’s perfect
Wow. Thanks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.