Hospital at home/Virtual wards

They used to be called (district nurses) now community nurses can mean nursing whole areas they have a limited number of nurses so every time it’s reorganised it means more patients for less nurses
What will happen to people on there own with or without a family. It is true that elderly patients recover quicker at home but do not have help from a family.
Even young people have very serious long term health problems it’s a disgrace we are entitled to a NHS health service bought and paid for by generations of working people.

I worry about sick people being left on there own at home for eg: a young girl left at home during Covid who became morbidly obese and died, in the news her father was prosecuted for neglect.
Shame ful way to treat patients. Local authorities don’t have the budgets to deal with care in the community
Thanks for that mate.

One of the issues we are facing in gathering nursing data is that NHS trusts describe them differently to other NHS trusts. In some they may be district nurses, in others community nurses, in others nursing assistants etc etc. There is no formalised role that exists.

We are also looking at nursing in a local clinical setting, such as leg ulcer clinics.

It is a huge study and after todays meeting, I think its just got bigger.

It's all about initiatives and meetings and change that doesn't benefit anybody. 30 years ago if you were lucky you might have gotten your child seen at an A&E be that booth hall or Pendlebury, Pendlebury was a disgrace, a small room crammed with children coughing and suffering without any space to breath and it hasn't really changed 30 years on.

The NHS isn't really going to change we will still have waiting lists that are too long, appointments for doctors and people sent away with life threatening conditions by medical professionals who don't seem to give a toss.

As for virtual wards? WTF!!
I am sure you would be very surprised at the amount of research that is happening and of the benefits accrued. In another thread you were taking about England bashing, I can assure you in Health research Manchester and the UK leads the world mate. Sadly the area is under attack from the RW media as they do not understand how it works. They cry about more frontline staff and less back room managers, when its the back room managers who can make a huge difference. In Manchester we have Innovation Health Manchester, the Bio-medical research centre and the Associated research collaboration (ARC) funded by the National Institute of Health Research (NIHR). These bodies work with the Universities around Manchester, local people and social enterprises, charities and big companies to help create tomorrows healthcare.

In my experience little things can make a huge difference and whilst I deplore the state of the NHS at the moment, the future of healthcare in my opinion is brigther than what people think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.