Hot Toddies

Bluebird1

Anyone know exactly what goes into these and are there specific quantities?

I know whisky, lemon and hot water are in them but is there anything else? I fancy making them to try and shift my cold.

in a pint glass just shy of two thirds yates`s aussie wine boiling water splash of lemon juice use honey if its sore throat sugar if its just a cold, slice of lemon on top

bennyblue said:
in a pint glass just shy of two thirds yates`s aussie wine boiling water splash of lemon juice use honey if its sore throat sugar if its just a cold, slice of lemon on top

That's a blob mate, not a hot toddy.

Whiskey, lemon, sugar or honey and hot water. I put a paracetamol in if i'm feeling shit.

Not really a hot toddy, but rum plus one and half parts hot water, plus slice a lemon and a stick of cinnamon... Whiskey makes me gag, unfortunately.

A half-pint glass will be enough.
First, put some honey in the glass, followed by a generous nip of whisky (get the cheap stuff, NOT the good stuff), then squeeze in a little bit of lemon juice. Make sure you leave a spoon in the glass and then fill with boiling water. Give it a good stir until the honey dissolves and enjoy the drink!

Best drink for easing a cold.

Always go for blobs to shift a cold, just gone and bought a bottle of yates`s and the kettels just gone on, dont like to waste my whisky on toddys lol

We used to stick a clove or 2 in the lemon/lime - if you put a slice of either in - if not just stick some cloves in the glass.

whisky - lemon/lime - sugar - cloves - hot water

bennyblue said:

Thats roughly how I make it for my flask on match days in the middle of winter, gives one a nice glow donnt you know.
Sit in cb level 3 haha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.