House buying help

How will your mortgage provider find out if you have gone into your overdraft? If you have formal offer I think you are fine unless you cannot meet your repayments when they start. Congratulations on your new home by the way!

Sorry to hijack the thread but I please could somebody kindly help advise on the below..

For buy to let I understand you need a 25% deposit required to apply for BTL mortgage and in addition there's no guarantee you will be able to let the property out even when using agencies etc. May I stress my motives for buy to let aren't to make any form of additional income for me personally (which would be nice) it would be to maintain a mortgage for a couple of years and to use any additional revenue for maintenance and repairs etc whilst I reside elsewhere for the short term.

What is the possibility of me buying the house through a usual residence mortgage and after the year approaching the mortgage provider to request moving on to a BTL mortgage? Is this a realistic approach or something that generally won't happen?

*In addition, I do have every intent of moving in to the property after a few years.

I have a standard home owners mortgage with Nationwide, they have an option where I can rent out my property but load the interest rate by 1%. Once the initial discounted interest rate has expired the interest reverts to their SVR plus 1%. I cannot change product with them until return as resident myself though obviously I can deal with other mortgage providers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.