House Pests!

jacko74

Right, can I start by saying I dont live in a filthy messy house and I dont keep any bodies under the floorboards (frowned upon apparently)... but so far this summer I've suffered with...

An outbreak of dozens of moths in one bedroom

An outbreak of houseflys in the other bedroom (presumably theres been a dead mouse or bird somewhere)

The last straw the other morning I came down to find hundreds of ants crawling all over the living room even though theres never any food in there

Does this kind of crap happen to other people, because right now I'm starting to feel pretty paranoid that someone up there has seriously got it in for me, its like living in some horror B-movie I'm dreading what I'm gonna find next!

jacko74 said:
Right, can I start by saying I dont live in a filthy messy house and I dont keep any bodies under the floorboards (frowned upon apparently)... but so far this summer I've suffered with...

An outbreak of dozens of moths in one bedroom

An outbreak of houseflys in the other bedroom (presumably theres been a dead mouse or bird somewhere)

The last straw the other morning I came down to find hundreds of ants crawling all over the living room even though theres never any food in there

Does this kind of crap happen to other people, because right now I'm starting to feel pretty paranoid that someone up there has seriously got it in for me, its like living in some horror B-movie I'm dreading what I'm gonna find next!

All I can think of is that you got eye blisteringly drunk one night and mistook the Insect House at Chester Zoo for your home where you have been living ever since not realising your error. Tell me, are there often mounds of rotting fruit festooning your furniture, with exotic beetles feasting freely? Have you ever reached out for the TV remote only to find you are attempting to switch to Criminal Minds on Living+1 with a large scorpion? I think you have, haven't you? All starting to make sense now? Don't worry it's happened to us all. With me it was 5 weeks in the display window of an upmarket lingerie shop in Wilmslow.

Do you leave the window open with a light on at night at all?

I get loads of moths and flys in the bathroom if i dont shut the blinds completely and leave the light on at this time of year! Then in the morning the ceiling is covered in them!

Next will come the locusts, then the fire and brimstone...move out sharpish!

Joycee Banercheck said:
Have you moved to Amityville recently?

Thats seriously what its starting to feel like now, its properly freaking me out!

Its defo nothing to do with leaving windows open/lights on... the flies and moths were coming from inside the house, the ants came in under the front door.

Anyone one of these things I'd just put down to a bit of bad luck but to have all 3 happen is just bizzare.

Maybe animals are just attracted to you, kinda like dr doolittle.

This year we've had ants (powder sorted that)

Mice in the garage and shed (snickers bar and mouse trap sorted that)

Bats in our attic, which we cant do anything about because they are protected, not that I want to harm them as they are pretty cool.

During the winter I was clearing out the garage and moved an old piece of kitchen work top and was amazed at some huge colourful butterflies that had chosen to hibernate behind it, anyway I put it back and will leave it there.

I used to live on a run down row of terraced houses. It was a free for all on bin day and you'd just have to grab one or be left without one for a week.

One summers night I went out to the back yard for a cig, it was late and dark but I was stood there and just happened to notice the top of my wheelie bin sort of shining in the moon light. I thought it looked weird and it looked like the lid was moving and shimmering in the light. I walked over to it and then noticed that there were hundreds of maggots on top of the bin lid all moving about. Fuckin minging.

Dont know what the scummy neighbours had been putting in their bins

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.