Houses on Mereside Road

markyboyblue

Just driven down there today (the one in Mere). My word those houses look lovely and very expensive. Got to be the most expensive area for houses in the North West.

markyboyblue said:
Just driven down there today (the one in Mere). My word those houses look lovely and very expensive. Got to be the most expensive area for houses in the North West.

Yeah but who wants to live in knutsford.

urban genie said:
markyboyblue said:

Yeah but who wants to live in knutsford.

Erm...me please!

markyboyblue said:

You obviously haven't driven around Prestbury and there's no noise pollution from a major trunk road

Sent from my sunlounger in Greece

There are some big gaffs there that's for sure. Remember when i was working at Radbroke we used to call it Millionaires row.

Lots of new builds iirc though of the type you would see on cribs or something of that nature. Give me a house with character and period features any day.

The Pink Panther said:
markyboyblue said:

You obviously haven't driven around Prestbury and there's no noise pollution from a major trunk road

Sent from my sunlounger in Greece
Yea but wiggy lives there and for that reason I'm out.

I have worked in contsruction for over 30 years and have been in many beautiful places all around Cheshire but Mere side is just beautiful and I would have to say is my favourite (to date).
The link below is showing the very last house at the Knutsford end of the Mere.
It was owned by George Formby , Mark Boler (Steven's son) and is now owned by a very well to do Rag . He bought the original house several years ago for £2.5 mill , kocked it down and re built it at a cost of £3.5 million.

<a class="postlink" href="https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Mereside+Road,+Knutsford&hl=en&ll=53.329515,-2.40216&spn=0.001932,0.005659&sll=52.8382,-2.327815&sspn=7.953187,23.181152&oq=mereside+road&hnear=Mereside+Rd,+Knutsford+WA16,+United+Kingdom&t=h&z=18" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Meresi ... m&t=h&z=18</a>

This is just one of a number of similar properties which back onto that part of the Mere. If you are stood on the 17 th green of the golf club and look back over the Mere you would swear blind you were in one of the most affluent neighbourhoods in the UK (and you are).

Stunning does not cover it.

This runs it a close 2 nd.
Legh Rd , Knutsford.

<a class="postlink" href="https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Legh+Road,+Knutsford&hl=en&ll=53.299158,-2.365193&spn=0.000051,0.045276&sll=53.297017,-2.360065&sspn=0.007682,0.022638&oq=Legh+Avenue,+Knutsford&hnear=Legh+Rd,+Knutsford+WA16,+United+Kingdom&t=m&z=15&layer=c&cbll=53.299089,-2.365151&panoid=n5MV9D_qt2K7n5ft5f_LNg&cbp=12,170.87,,0,7.68" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Legh+R ... 87,,0,7.68</a>

Have a butchers down there on google street view.
It was used by Spielburg when he shot the "empire of the Sun" in 1987.

Cheshire has some wonderful houses

No doubt the houses are spectacular in size and looks but in terms of landscape I do think it’s over rated by land rover driving commuter town folk who have hardly stepped foot in the REAL countryside.

Give me rolling countryside, friendly locals/neighbours, proper farm food and a good local pub any day of the week.<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:30 pm --<br /><br />After all you can’t take your big giant house to your grave can yer?

Foxy , you are spot on pal.
If you go back in time to the days of the De Trafford's and the Egerton's et al then you will find slendour which can take the breath away.

However , as a lad who was brunged up on a council estate the clustering of houses is second nature to me.

Mere Side is very American when viewed from the The Mere golf club (several properties have boat houses at the bottom of their gardens ).

Parts of Surrey are like this also (Esher ,Weybridge and Epsom to name but 3).

The locality of the Mere does it for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.